View Poll Results: Does Dl free periods, significantly improve peers?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

62 91.18%
  • No

6 8.82%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does dl free (freeleech grr) significantly improve peers on trackers?

no longer on it... BT Rep: +3
    it will increase leechers and with that The bad seeders too but to clean them we have you and the rest of the staff!

But in the end will compensate

cheers

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Download free on all torrent for certain time period does increase peer numbers. However, it comes along with bunch of hit and runs. People snatch all latest stuff, buffer there, once they lack leechers, they delete them and jump over new torrents...that's usually the trend imo.

Download free on certain torrents only, like pack, increases peer number for that particular torrent. Everyone with box, awaits for those torrents to be uploaded and once they are, the peer list is full of seedboxers.

Permanent download free like that of FTN, increases peer number. I doubt they get much hit and run though, even after they removed minimum seeding time period.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    BCG has a lot of users. If it's free leech, on a tracker that doesn't normally have free leech a lot, seeders will stay. For the people who do hit'n'runs, it's their loss; the rules, and SP system are laid out to them plain as day, if they choose not to follow the rules, they will be demoted, as stoi said. People will most likely hop on torrents that are free leech even if they don't want it; they want to create that all-mighty buffer, so worrying about seeds isn't a problem.

they didn't built Rome in one day

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    100% works , it will work on BCG users will surely enjoy it

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Expect a huge increase in your server load during that time. This may result in an offline(timeout) error, and what is seeded back during those time is not updated in the stat.This is the reason why I never really look forward to dl free time. It does not improve my ratio.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    Expect a huge increase in your server load during that time. This may result in an offline(timeout) error, and what is seeded back during those time is not updated in the stat.This is the reason why I never really look forward to dl free time. It does not improve my ratio.
    If you continue seeding thru that time it should update to tracker when it all sorted including stats that where sent during that time
    One way that can decrease the server load is set the update time to 1 hour so then it takes away approx 50% of the updates
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    ohh and another thing freeleech is good to users without seedboxes

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I think yes, they help to improve peers.
    And they help to people with slow connections as well, although in BCG that is not an issue.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I dont think server load will be that much of a problem, even though these are new servers, we have had 100,000+ peers before, and it handled it pretty well. (we have just over 60,000 now, so thats another 40,000+ it "should" be able to handle.)

The other thing is, we sort of pride ourselves on never having done it before (not following the masses and bring in SP so we didnt need this) so deep down it still feels wrong lol

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    stoi its your site and you people there have to do what you think is right for the site as a whole
    What works for one site may not for another, but I do really admire you for tlking about it in the open here to judge peoples feelings, either way you decide to go with this I hope it all works out best for the site
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast