Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys, I have no clue when it comes to newsgroups, NZB files etc, please help....

Unsure

Hi guys, Im at a loss, Im not sure where the majority of posters are from, Im from the UK and they are having a massive crackdown on P2P filesharers..

And as I dont want to give up downloading my favourite TV shows from the states. I need a new plan of action.

I was apart of a newsgroup before, but I lost my money as I never knew enough to download and unwrap etc..

I signed up to one, I cant remember, but it was a nightmare.

I had to find all the files myself, upto a 100 sometimes, and download them, once I downloaded I had a 100 rar files and no clue how to put them all together and extract the files..

Im not very wealthy neither, so value for money and lots of Gigs is a must..

I also like the new high res TV shows, and Bluray rips...so these must be available. I know these are between 1gig and 5 gigs, and upto 10 shows a week during the winter season, I need quite a bit of download allowance..

I hope someone can help with all of this, I just dont want to sign upto another newsgroup and lose my money through lack of knowledge..

Thanks for reading, and thanks to those for replying..

Take care

HB

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    you don't know how to extract rar files? you don't know how to extract rar files?

http://winrar.softwarez-depot.com/?s...FQJtFQodwzO6qg

If you can't afford afford newsgroups Bittorrent is another option. You could go the private tracker route which is very time consuming, or you could request a demonoid invite and I'm sure you will find all the tv shows you're looking for on there.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Alt.Binz is great as you can just specify a folder where it grabs the NZB files you download from. Then it will download all the files, check them, repair (if needed) and extract them. If you donate $10 you also get all the latest versions.

If you look at this post you'll see that there are many that recommends Astraweb so you might wanna give it a shot.

I'm using Giganews but it's more expensive.

For the most popular TV shows: TVNZB. Usually it takes a little more time for the 720P versions to show up.

You should also check out the HD sections @ NZBMatrix combined with FST it gives you a list of most of the stuff that is posted.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    you don't know how to extract rar files?

sorry I know how extract rar files. I just dont know hwo to get the rar files ready to extract...

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Slow posting as usual

Quote Originally Posted by harry barry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    you don't know how to extract rar files?

sorry I know how extract rar files. I just dont know hwo to get the rar files ready to extract...
    Is it .rar files or is it .rar.001 etc. ?
    Last edited by MultiForce; 08-07-2008 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    Slow posting as usual

is what .rar?? sorry, Im havnt downlaoded anything yet...

Im in the know when it comes P2p, I download all the time, Im just not hot when it comes to newsgroups...

I tries going to altbinz, but didnt know which to download, and once I do download that particular piece of software, what is it for, what do I use it with??

TIA

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Slow posting as usual

Im in the know when it comes P2p, I download all the time, Im just not hot when it comes to newsgroups...

I tries going to altbinz, but didnt know which to download, and once I do download that particular piece of software, what is it for, what do I use it with??

TIA
    You use it with a news server. When you make an account with Astraweb or another usenet provider you'll be given a server address and a username/password. That info is what you put in Alt.Binz so it knows what server it should download from.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8

TIA
    You use it with a news server. When you make an account with Astraweb or another usenet provider you'll be given a server address and a username/password. That info is what you put in Alt.Binz so it knows what server it should download from.
    Im lost now..what does Alt binz actually do?? how easy is it to find the files, and does it take an hour or so to grab the files from the usenet ect to download??

Im rambling,....

9. Newsgroups   -   #9

Im lost now..what does Alt binz actually do?? how easy is it to find the files, and does it take an hour or so to grab the files from the usenet ect to download??

Im rambling,....
    Alt.Binz is the program that makes it possible to download all the goodies from Usenet from a server. It will grab the articles (just like parts when you download with a P2P program) and put it together to make a complete file. After that it will check that the RAR files are okay with the PAR files so it can unpack the files.

You can just search up what you want on http://www.newzleech.com or binsearch.info and create an NZB file that you can import into Alt.Binz.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10

Im rambling,....
    Alt.Binz is the program that makes it possible to download all the goodies from Usenet from a server. It will grab the articles (just like parts when you download with a P2P program) and put it together to make a complete file. After that it will check that the RAR files are okay with the PAR files so it can unpack the files.

You can just search up what you want on http://www.newzleech.com or binsearch.info and create an NZB file that you can import into Alt.Binz.
    thank you, Im starting to understand, can I download files from this site, the NZB files some people have added attachments in...and take them with newsleecher, or do I need to subscribe to usenet, or something similar??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast