Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mp3/cd-r/original Cd - Perfect Substitutes Or Not?

Hi everyone!

I'd like some opinions on this matter:

Would you agree that music in MP3 format is a perfect substitute for music on original CDs?

And what about CD-Rs vs original CDs?

Why/Why not?

Arildho

2. Music   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Of course it is becaseu we don't have to pay f30 bucks for a album and 10 bucks for a single

3. Music   -   #3
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The quality is less on CDR...but saving 30 bucks is well worth the decline in quality

4. Music   -   #4
    actully just on the quality thign I can honestly say I can here no difference between a wav or mp3 even though the quality is surpose to decrease

5. Music   -   #5
    Poster
    Personally, I feel nothing beats the sound of official cd's and vinyls. However, if you are listening from your pc or a standard "all-in-one" hi-fi, there shouldn't be a noticeable difference and the wires from pc-to system will probably be the standard leads, so then mp3s are the best substitute in that case. However, have a really good system then I say stick with cd's for your faveourite artists and the rest keep on mp3.

6. Music   -   #6
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by Hogster@21 August 2003 - 00:16
    actully just on the quality thign I can honestly say I can here no difference between a wav or mp3 even though the quality is surpose to decrease
    I can tell...well on my stereo i can tell...but on my puter speakers i couldn't tell much diff between 128 and 192

7. Music   -   #7
    actully I ment wav to 192

and yes shit computer speakers like mine makes crap mp3s soudn better I know Put them I a good stero and yes you can hear that dreadful hummmmm

8. Music   -   #8
    Poster
    It's not so much the hummm as it is clarity. The difference on good speakers between 128 and 192 is massive, you can hear the notes so much clearer, you can hear more voices at once and the channels are seperated better so stereo imaging is preformed at a higher standard and far away instruments individually make up the song instead of being grouped together and sounding muddy.

9. Music   -   #9
    It's not so much the hummm as it is clarity. The difference on good speakers between 128 and 192 is massive, you can hear the notes so much clearer, you can hear more voices at once and the channels are seperated better so stereo imaging is preformed at a higher standard and far away instruments individually make up the song instead of being grouped together and sounding muddy.
    yes thats a nice way to put It I know what you mean I just didn't know how to quite word it

10. Music   -   #10
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Yeah.....but when you Pay for a CD or lets say a few CDs you want to keep them Scratch free and without no fingerprints getting on them.So Ripping them to MP3 and Storing the Original is what alot of People do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast