Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webpage Building Programs

What is the best HTML program here i'm building a webpage and wanted a good program what is the best one you know and if you have it what is its sig2sat code and what supernode is it on

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Dreamweaver is the quickest and easiest program to use. You drag and drop and press buttons and DreamWeaver writes the source code for you...

File: Dreamweaver 4 (full, with serial).exe
    Length: 24761550 Bytes,24181KB
    UUHash: =4aSmGDqY5a7By53MXrolJ2sFfg0=

EDIT: I'll only be on for alittle while, so I hope you have broadband...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    That's a really bad idea. PM the stats if you want but don't post that kind of info.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by Damnatory@20 August 2003 - 00:09
    Dreamweaver is the quickest and easiest program to use. You drag and drop and press buttons and DreamWeaver writes the source code for you...

File: Dreamweaver 4 (full, with serial).exe
    Length: 24761550 Bytes,24181KB
    UUHash: =4aSmGDqY5a7By53MXrolJ2sFfg0=

EDIT: I'll only be on for alittle while, so I hope you have broadband...
    Isn't there more than 1 source?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    The best webpage building program is any text editor (and a knowledge of HTML, etc.). There are 3 good ones:

- Notepad - because it's simple, easy to open/manage, no fancy features, just the basic essentials - Open, Save, Find and Replace.

Cons:
    - No advanced features
    - Bug in word wrapping
    - On win9x there are no shortcut keys

- UltraEdit32 - this one's awesome - it has many advanced features, few of which are useless. It has code highlighers for HTML, CSS (i think), PHP, C++, etc. It also has easy tabbing.

Cons:
    - Creates backup files by default
    - If you're used to Notepad, the highlighting will be really annoying rather than helpful
    - Has trouble with non-latynic charsets (so does Notepad though, unless you save it as Unicode - on WinXP)

- Dreamweaver MX (hand-coding) - this one's almost as good as UltraEdit, but it's more internet-oriented, so there are 'coding tips', code validation (i think), etc. - helpful if you're not good with HTML.

Cons:
    - Same highlighting annoyance if you're used to Notepad
    - Takes a sh!tload of system resources, and takes more than a few seconds to start up, especially if you have many extensions installed

So, you decide. Of course, you COULD use a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor, but i personally hate those, and with them you'll never learn how to create a website...

Examples of WYSIWYGs are Dreamweaver and FrontPage.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    get yourself a copy of dreamweaver mx, that what i use it great, or even dreamweaver 4 would do.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Yep Dreamweaver MX is wot u need, Dreamweaver 4 is shit for CSS...

U also need Fireworks ( or any gud graphic program ) it's not always about the coding ( well it is ) but graphics r just as important...

also go 2 the Macromedia hompage and get sum Dreamweaver extensions...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I am suprised Microsoft Frontpage was not mentioned. I take it that it is not really all that great/simplistic to use?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Izagaia@20 August 2003 - 11:29
    I am suprised Microsoft Frontpage was not mentioned. I take it that it is not really all that great/simplistic to use?
    Frontpage is a good program as well but the thing with frontpage is it inserts junk code automatically. Messes up the layers if you are using. I prefer coding in Dreamweaver MX & Frontpage(which is sort of replacement to a notepad for me)
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast