Thread: Mpg Video Problems

I´m lately having problems playing certain MPG-files, for example, a 60 minutes movie is displayed as a 50 second film. ... after the 50 seconds are over, the sound continues, but the picture freezes. But, if I start the movie on 00:26 seconds in the search bar, I find myself in a total different part of it, which the file normally doesn´t display. Unfortunaly the movie freezes again shortly after displaying it and only the sound continues to play.
    Has anybody an idea, what I could do about that ? (These files run without problems on other PCs, even though the same codecs are installed.)

(ARGH the titel should be: "MPG video problems" -.-)

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    wrong fourm but, wat player u using? try to install it again or use another

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    Try MIcroDvD player or BSplayer....

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    try getting the latest k-lite codec pack it seemed to sort a similar problem i was having with mpeg's

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by 4play@20 August 2003 - 22:19
    try getting the latest k-lite codec pack it seemed to sort a similar problem i was having with mpeg's
    I installed it, but it didn't help. I also tried different players: WMP, Winamp, MIcroDvD player, play the file like I discript in the exempels. (50 sec. normal playing then the image freezes but Sound continues)
    BSplayer and Quick - does play the file than ends complity after 50 sec. (it doesn't even Play the Sound unlike the other Players that at least continuing playing the sound of the Movie)
    Real-Player - crashes
    Visual_dub - crashes with the error Message: "MPEG Import Filter: packet sync error on packet stream (3065814)"

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    have you tried looking up that virtualdub error on google or the virtualdub site.

it might be a good start to see what is really wrong here.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    ^_^" HUPS! Well, it was very late in germany when I dicovered this problem, to late for thinking . Ok I know found a solution in an Italien Divx-Forum some how the PC has problems to synchonize the video and audio track, well whatever... Xmpeg and FlaskMpeg can play the mpg's normaly, even if video and/or audio track are not synchonic or damaged

Thx for help