Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Which rules in your tracker do you like/hate most ?

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    like previously said, owners of a tracker literally can do w/e the hell they want. They can make it freeleech, 2x upload, implement SI system or even close open sign up forever. Yes, you can moan and cry about it, but at the end it's their tracker....it's their choice. We (users) are just guest to private communities. And like a good guest, if you do not appreciate how they do it, leave.
    This is why I love this forum. Because I don't have to just leave, I can come here and smear them. And as much as the protest that they don't care, they show up here in droves to defend themselves.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    like previously said, owners of a tracker literally can do w/e the hell they want. They can make it freeleech, 2x upload, implement SI system or even close open sign up forever. Yes, you can moan and cry about it, but at the end it's their tracker....it's their choice. We (users) are just guest to private communities. And like a good guest, if you do not appreciate how they do it, leave.
    This is why I love this forum. Because I don't have to just leave, I can come here and smear them. And as much as the protest that they don't care, they show up here in droves to defend themselves.
    Yes, the anonymity of this forum is a plus.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Blackbeard's Avatar <3 rock BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I hate waiting times, i mean come on it's worthless.. say if i needed to get good ratio how would i if theres like a 6hr wait?, so it's hard to get a good ratio..

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I have to agree with fearful on that one, i remember joining bitconsole back in the day just to way up my competition so to speak lol and had to wait 48 hours to download, i was like, sod that and just went elsewhere.

and like fearful says if you have to wait XX hours to actually get on the torrent, most of the leechers are already seeds these days with seedboxes and faster home connections, and usually members with a bad ratio have the wait times, but its those that need to jump on them first.

hmmm, maybe we should have wait times for fast uploaders, they already have the buffer, and i always hear people on here saying, members that download from elsewhere and help seed they hate, so this will put a stop to that.

i am joking btw (i think lol)

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    wtf.

why should he pay £15 for a OVH seedbox for a month, upload 700 gig on 4 6 gig torrents, then after that proceed to rape the site dry of 700 gigs worth of content.

we may as well say if you donate £15 we will give you 700 gig upload, and you can hit and run all you want.

bloody farcicle.
    How about answering the question? If you think seedboxes are a net drain on your site, why don't you ban them? Else, you can limit the total upload on any one torrent to 2x the download.

At the very least, you can admit that your broken site depends on a number of users never using the upload they accumulate.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    f@flot's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    I got a 1 week warning from 1 UK site for PMing someone an offer of an invite to another tracker, so go figure how they knew what was in my PM??

So add that to the list, reading my fukkin PMs!! (Private Messages, they are private for a reason!)
    Of course they can read your PM's, what do you think they are doing once they get bored from their site?
    Kinda surprised you didn't know they can do that...
    Edit: or maybe the guy is a rat...?
    Last edited by f@flot; 08-15-2008 at 12:44 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post
    wtf.

why should he pay £15 for a OVH seedbox for a month, upload 700 gig on 4 6 gig torrents, then after that proceed to rape the site dry of 700 gigs worth of content.

we may as well say if you donate £15 we will give you 700 gig upload, and you can hit and run all you want.

bloody farcicle.
    How about answering the question? If you think seedboxes are a net drain on your site, why don't you ban them? Else, you can limit the total upload on any one torrent to 2x the download.

At the very least, you can admit that your broken site depends on a number of users never using the upload they accumulate.
    I guess your not a member of BCG, and no i dont have to admit anything. because thre is nothing to admit to.

Seedbox members are well rewardarded with SPU, and slow uploaders are well rewarded, because they have no fear of getting banned.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    so the op hates ratios, but loves freeleech.....i guess he hates prvt trackers, or atleast how they're supposed to work...
    Last edited by flamers; 08-15-2008 at 12:53 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    hate: can not hit and run.
    like: in most cases that rule can be violated.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I have to agree with fearful on that one, i remember joining bitconsole back in the day just to way up my competition so to speak lol and had to wait 48 hours to download, i was like, sod that and just went elsewhere.

and like fearful says if you have to wait XX hours to actually get on the torrent, most of the leechers are already seeds these days with seedboxes and faster home connections, and usually members with a bad ratio have the wait times, but its those that need to jump on them first.

hmmm, maybe we should have wait times for fast uploaders, they already have the buffer, and i always hear people on here saying, members that download from elsewhere and help seed they hate, so this will put a stop to that.

i am joking btw (i think lol)
    The only site that uses wait time the right way is TT. when you join you can't download anything for the first 48 hours. After that download anything you want. This is to make sure the users know what to do i.e. not go on some downloading spree and dig a big hole for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast