Thread: Lesss Is More!

twisterX's Avatar Poster
    If you share less files at once you have less of a chance to get chought and the continuse sharing making it more and more and ect.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    that doesn't compute. less people connecting to you maybe but a popular file being uploaded by 100 is the same as 100 files being uploaded one at a time. the risk is the same.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    umm didnt I read somewhere that RIAA are after ppl dl as well as uploading more then 35 megs of files

also I had a fight with my uni teacher about that it is illegal to put your own Bought collection of CDs onto your HD I thought you could do that oviously not

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Hogster@20 August 2003 - 21:53
    umm didnt I read somewhere that RIAA are after ppl dl as well as uploading more then 35 megs of files

also I had a fight with my uni teacher about that it is illegal to put your own Bought collection of CDs onto your HD I thought you could do that oviously not
    It is legal to put your CD collection on your hard drive in most any country in the world.

It is also legal in most to transfer your CD's contents to an MP3 player...

It is also legal to make 1 backup CD copy of each of your CDs... at least in the USA.

However, it is illegal (copyright infringement) to share copies of your CDs over the internet.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    35 meg? Do you really think they're taking the time to add it up before adding you to their data base for further investigation and prosecution?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    35 meg? Do you really think they're taking the time to add it up before adding you to their data base for further investigation and prosecution
    No as I said a bullshit story someone was trying to tell me

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Hogster@21 August 2003 - 14:13
    35 meg? Do you really think they're taking the time to add it up before adding you to their data base for further investigation and prosecution
    No as I said a bullshit story someone was trying to tell me
    i heard it was 100 megs.