Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Why do people like Newzbin so much?

Aether's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    www.binsearch.info has always had me covered

2. Newsgroups   -   #42
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    OK, so I tried Newzbin for a couple weeks and that was a waste of $2 or whatever it was.

It's pointless to pay for that service IMO.
    Well I'm glad you said that. I have a newzbin account, but I only use it as an alternative search. But recently I've been thinking that I might pay and try it out just to see if there really is something there that's worth paying for.

But it looks like there isn't. Thanks for sharing.

3. Newsgroups   -   #43
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    www.binsearch.info has always had me covered
    I prefer Newzleech as I find that it updates much faster, but between the two, you can find whatever you're looking for.

yo

4. Newsgroups   -   #44
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    i just got a month credit for 2 bucks and newzbin is not all that great......
    Pimpn aint easy ®

5. Newsgroups   -   #45
    NZB Looter
    I wou;dn't care for Newzbin. Binsearch.info would do best

6. Newsgroups   -   #46
    Hellanzb and PADS (http://pads.piesweb.co.uk/) are using Newzbin for automatic download.
    i'm still need a newzbin invit to test that combo :p

7. Newsgroups   -   #47
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I know this thread is quite old but I thought i'd reply anyway.

I use NewzBin. I've been looking into automated Usenet indexers, there's not that many and most of the ones I found are not that good. They either have bad retention, very poor search or not many groups.

So, as far as I know there are only 3 really good automated usenet indexers. Most of you might have guessed these already? NewzBin, NewzLeech, Binsearch

At the time of posting, NewzBin indexes 29,176 newsgroups (65,751 if you include dead or very inactive groups). Binsearch indexes 3,607 newsgroups. The winner out of these two is obvious, I would like to compare it to NewzLeech too but I can't find a page where it says exactly how many groups they have. Though my guess is that it will be similar to the number of groups that binsearch indexes. But, if anyone has more information, let me know.

There are other reasons why I like NewzBin too, it's layout is much better than that of NewzLeech and BinSearch. Not to mention they have users dedicated to making reports, incase you prefer those over the raw index.

You get what you pay for IMO. NewzBin is like GigaNews of Usenet indexers
    Last edited by UsenetGuy; 12-26-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345