Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Which linux distro do you run?

I have used Gentoo but at some point i switched to Ubuntu. At work we have Debian. My favorite is Ubuntu as more works out of the box and there are more package archives...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #162
    Debian at work

3. Software & Hardware   -   #163
    Kinda getting tired of Ubuntu... a combo of the reduced support window and the whole lens thing, don't really have anything against Unity as a whole though. But I know I'd miss the wide availability of packages.

I'm a little reluctant to switch to a RPM-based system just because I'm more comfortable with DEBs, although I'm experimenting with Centos on a VPS. If I can get comfortable with that then I guess that opens up a whole lot more options.

Mint sounds nice - although it looks like it just mirrors Ubuntu's support cycles.

Debian certainly has much to recommend it. I see that Mint makes a Debian-based version these days - sounds like that might be a perfect combo.

In the meantime I still have to be productive and get work done, so I'm sticking with Ubuntu because I know where everything is :-)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #164
    Quack,

If you are getting tired of Ubuntu - Mint would certainly be worth a shot.

I dont know that once you are used the DEB based systems that you want to switch to yum/RPM. I know I dont.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #165
    Ubuntu

6. Software & Hardware   -   #166
    While it's certainly the "popular choice", I like Ubuntu for exactly that: Plenty of resources and support is available online to assist me with all kinds of questions and problems.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #167
    Ubuntu

8. Software & Hardware   -   #168
    Fedora from the very beginning.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #169
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Mint 16 Petra with Cinnamon desktop running on my Lenovo S205, I've always liked Mint. I was a ubuntu man until they brought in Unity, its not that I don't like it, it just feels too touch screeney for my liking. Given a second choice I'd go with Xubuntu.

I ran Kali for a bit before switching to Mint as my main OS, kali was fun for all the naughty tools it had - most beyond my understanding but i did manage to crack a few WEP WAPs, which was nice. And for some reason Xubuntu seemed to develop start-up issues no matter what i did overtime on my laptop, could have been hardware specific but never really looked into it. But Mint, as ever is solid.

After some repository/dependency fiddling last night I finally got Urban Terror working

10. Software & Hardware   -   #170
    I'm using Ubuntu-GNOME because I don't like this Unity-stuff. Using some PPAs makes the desktop realy beautiful and useable. I also installed the Steam-Client to play some neat games.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast