Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Which linux distro do you run?

Arch Linux <3

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    waffler's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    kubuntu 9.10

3. Software & Hardware   -   #63
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    I used to use opensuse and i liked it, but that was many yrs ago 9.3.
    mint ,ubuntu are all at the base debian OS's but with different window dressing.
    The one i'm trying to get working and have sort of succeeded is kubuntu(kde ubuntu) and its running on a 8 GB usb stick running in persistant mode so i can keep all my setting between reboots.
    For the guys/girls above who want an ultimate hackware distro of linux, lookup backtrack http://www.backtrack-linux.org/
    This has saved me a few times, It can help with your network help you hack the passwords of windows even get wifi passwords on the fly, No i'm not going to show you before you ask as the site will do that for you, Its purely there to help you recover your broken windows and network with tons of other helpfull programs bulit in as well, but remember its linux so its not going to be easy to do anything unless you spend a lot of time and effort.
    Enjoy
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

4. Software & Hardware   -   #64
    DocBoM's Avatar Member
    Usually Ubuntu, but I have been dabbling in Mint...which is basically the same thing.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #65
    Mikity's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by curtanwoo View Post
    Slackware was my first distro and it hasn't changed much since. This was 2000.
    I'm old enough to remember Slackware too - I seem to recall downloading the disks (yes, disks) for installing it back in the 90s...
    Back when fvwm was about as luxurious as you got for a window manager, and KDE/Gnome were but a twinkle on the horizon

6. Software & Hardware   -   #66
    Ubuntu and Linux Mint, these r best

7. Software & Hardware   -   #67
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by arunatsu View Post
    Arch Linux <3
    Tempted to dab into this distro. Have heard nothing but great things about it .
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

8. Software & Hardware   -   #68
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Archlinux for me too . I've tried almost all distros , arch is my favourite . I just love the ease and speed of this os

9. Software & Hardware   -   #69
    TTS's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    kubuntu 9.10

10. Software & Hardware   -   #70
    Archlinux

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast