Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: waffles points

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Wow, I didn't even know they had points. I got 88, which doesn't really buy much. But still, this is a nice addition to the site. Would be nice if there was an option to add gb's to your upload. These music sites need this kind of option the most.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    You get 0 for posting in the forums, looks like 0 as well for seeding torrents.

Well, I don´t have even a clue about how it works, but I think you both are wrong.
    I´ve never uploaded anything, I´ve never posted in forums, and of course I´ve not filled any request. I only downloaded 1 release and I´ve been seeding it for 2 or 3 months, and have 10 points.
    Well they haven't given points retroactively yet so you haven't got any points for the things you did before they introduced the points system. But snatch/upload something now and you will get 5 points (or 20 for filling a request). I don't know about posting or seeding though

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Animal's Avatar From Sesame Street
    Anybody know of a list yet?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Still can't find anything in their FAQ or rules...

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Read Introducing waffles points in the announcements.

The main methods are uploading (min 5 points per torrent, bonus 5 points for waffles iron), downloading torrents (min 1 point per torrent but increases based on torrent size), and forum posts (I think it is 100 points per 1000 posts, you get points at 1000 posts, I read this so dont know if it is true).

If you want points then today is your lucky day. Get on the torrents in Analog Week, which starts in a couple of hours, as you get 30+ points for each download.

Two things rarely mentioned: you dont get any points for downloads if you are on half or free leech, and the downloads have to be over 50mb in size or you get no points.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by smcewa11 View Post
    If you want points then today is your lucky day. Get on the torrents in Analog Week, which starts in a couple of hours, as you get 30+ points for each download.
    Two things rarely mentioned: you dont get any points for downloads if you are on half or free leech, and the downloads have to be over 50mb in size or you get no points.
    I got tons of points after dl 20GB dream pop last time,each 50mb+ gave 15+ points,also didnt know about not getting any points from self-freeleech, learnt it from a hard way.
    the only thing worthy in waffles shop would be the anytime conversion,350points, but sold out all the time. also it has a bug, say if you have 2 anytime invites and 3 regular ones, after conversion, you'll have 8 anytime invites instead of 5,which might be the reason that there are waffles invites GA everywhere recently.
    Last edited by johhn; 03-15-2009 at 10:57 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by johhn View Post
    the only thing worthy in waffles shop would be the anytime conversion,350points, but sold out all the time. also it has a bug, say if you have 2 anytime invites and 3 regular ones, after conversion, you'll have 8 anytime invites instead of 5,which might be the reason that there are waffles invites GA everywhere recently.
    it's not a bug.

Convert Regular Invite
    to anytime (BOGO)
    350 Points

BOGO = Buy One Get One

in your example, if you convert the 3 regular invites, you end up with 6 anytime invites. add that to the two anytime invites you already have, and you have a total of 8 invites.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Veidenbaums's Avatar Rebel
    There are thread about this "bonus thing" in forum:
    Forum > Announcement Discussion > Introducing:Waffles Points!

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by johhn View Post
    I got tons of points after dl 20GB dream pop last time,each 50mb+ gave 15+ points,also didnt know about not getting any points from self-freeleech, learnt it from a hard way.
    The invite giveaways are because the regular invites have been open for longer than their usual thirty seconds recently.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by smcewa11 View Post
    The invite giveaways are because the regular invites have been open for longer than their usual thirty seconds recently.
    not that I need to use regular invites since I got more than enough anytime ones, but what's sign of regular invites opened ? on the left upper corner, 'invites' should it be highlighted or not ?
    p.s. bought the Beta Access, found it completely useless. 2000 points wasted.
    Last edited by johhn; 03-15-2009 at 12:19 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast