Thread: Trying To Find Trading Partners

Sup peeps, I've just started getting into this software trading thing, dont know a hell of alot (yet) about it. Spent a few hours last night on MIRC trying to find someone to trade ISO"s of games with, but I'm not having any luck. For some reason, I had never noticed this forum before, even though I have been using Kazaa for quite awhile Anyway, I'm getting really sick of Dl'ing programs only to find that they are either not what they say they are or corrupted in some way. If I could get some pointers from someone, it would be mucho appreciated. I'm mostly into trading games and apps. No music. I've got about 10 games, store bought, as well as quite a few apps that I have dl'd and know work well. Where would a guy like me go to trade the ISO's of them ?? Should I even be trading with ISO"s or are they not nessisary? I've had them all in my Shared Folder at one time or another, but I only have 5 gigs upload a month to offer so I take them out after a few days. Anyhoo, I'm just rambling on here now, lol. (I type really fast) Thx in advance.

Peace

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    why trade with a stranger when you can share "anonymously"

the spirit of p2p isn't simply 2 people with ftp's exchanging games, rather a community pooling resources for everyones benefit
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Very true budz, however, as I said before, I&#39;m absolutly SICK of getting crap downloads. I have no problem sharing my stuff.. In fact it makes me all gushy inside knowing that I helped out some poor kid (being that I&#39;m a well paid, middle aged kid) What I guess I&#39;m saying is, where or how do I get GENUINE and RELIABLE downloads?? Thx bro, peace.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    OK, I just found the Games section B) It would seem that I posted this in the wrong place. My appologies. I also found what would seem to be good links to use for some games. Now all I need to do is learn what the hell a hash is, lol. I&#39;m still up for any more info you guys have got.

Peace

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Yep - The Verifieds are a good source of finding good-quality copies of games. The technicals on how they work could be explained, but at this point all you need to do is click on the link inside most hashs and restart K-Lite. It should start then B)

One more thing - Try to go for an ISO or BIN (and maybe large ZIPs or RARs if you can&#39;t find any) rather than an EXE. You&#39;ll save yourself a lot of trouble if you go CD images instead of archives when it comes to games.

One last thing - If you still become stressed with K-Lite, try eMule out. There&#39;s an easy-to-understand installer available to download on the K-Lite site. Expect to wait a long time for downloads through eMule, but the integrity (i.e. quality maintained) is exceptionally high in most cases.

Last thing - Good job. I think you&#39;re the first new person I&#39;ve seen in a long time who&#39;s managed to find their way to the Verifieds themselves (Most newbies just can&#39;t be arsed finding it, even when it&#39;s fed to them ), so it&#39;s refreshing to see Relax about learning the ropes of filesharing - Pretty much, the more time you spend here the more you&#39;ll learn

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Illuminati@21 August 2003 - 11:25

Last thing - Good job. I think you&#39;re the first new person I&#39;ve seen in a long time who&#39;s managed to find their way to the Verifieds themselves (Most newbies just can&#39;t be arsed finding it, even when it&#39;s fed to them ), so it&#39;s refreshing to see Relax about learning the ropes of filesharing - Pretty much, the more time you spend here the more you&#39;ll learn
    But apparently he didnt make it to the FAQ.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    i no this is kinda off topic, but how is this:
    Code:
    BobbyDog
    Newcomer
    Group&#58; Members
    &#91;color=red&#93;Posts&#58; 2&#91;/color&#93;
    Member No.&#58; 62,138
    Joined&#58; 21 August 2003
    posible when he he/she has made 3 posts here????
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Benno+21 August 2003 - 11:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Benno @ 21 August 2003 - 11:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati@21 August 2003 - 11:25

Last thing - Good job.&nbsp; I think you&#39;re the first new person I&#39;ve seen in a long time who&#39;s managed to find their way to the Verifieds themselves (Most newbies just can&#39;t be arsed finding it, even when it&#39;s fed to them ), so it&#39;s refreshing to see &nbsp; Relax about learning the ropes of filesharing - Pretty much, the more time you spend here the more you&#39;ll learn
    But apparently he didnt make it to the FAQ. [/b][/quote]
    He&#39;s new - You can&#39;t expect the Earth from them

Be appreciative that Bobby made his own way to the Verifieds - We won&#39;t have any newbies doing that now for about two months