I agree with this
1. People aren't "professionally ignored" that's just nonsense. They are systematically ignored.
2. So what, surely it's my right (and everyone else's) to reply to what I want to. Or indeed who I want to. That's certainly what I do and intend to continue doing. If new people come along who are interesting (it does happen) I will react to them.
3. Why should I, or anyone else, pander to people posting nonsense. It's their prerogative to post it. It's mine to ignore it. That's kind of the deal.
4. This whole "dare to step into the Lounge" thing is hackneyed tripe. It's an internet forum, not a bar in Sherringham. Or have the young of today grown overly sensitive to the written word. I find that doubtful.
5. If people join this forum to trade invites, then decide to have a nice chat they aren't really my cup of tea. So I ignore them or tell them to fuck off. I genuinely don't see that as being unreasonable.
6. People move on, shit happens. That's how the World works.
When I say "a couple" I mean "a few" obviously. Actually more than a few but I paired it down.