Thread: Gtx 280

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    how big power supply it needs, i have 500W one, is't enough?
    btw i have doubt, when it says a card needs 500W, dose this means 500W should be reserved juice only for card itself or 500W card is enough keeping rest of PC in calculation?

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    The card itself requires 236W at maximum performance.

The 550W requirement suggests they think that you would need about 300W overhead for the rest of the system.

The card requires one 6-pin and one 8-pin connector. If those connectors are on the same rail then it's worth remembering that the psu has to be able to supply at least 20A on one rail just to power the card. The solution is to find a psu where they aren't on the same rail.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    what i have is Atx 24- & 8- pin / 20- & 4-pin, i dont know how it should look what your referring to, a pic please!

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    You can see the connectors here, second image.

Those are 6-pin and 8-pin pci-e power connectors. The GTX 260 has a pair of 6-pin pci-e power connectors.

There are some images of the actual psu connectors here. Note that the 8-pin pci-e connector is not the same as the 8-pin EPS connector.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    thanks for the help m8

Benjamen button

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    get the Corsair HX620, best one there is and you're set for even future upgrades