Thread: Need software to convert 4:3 DVD to 16:9

dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    Are there any programs that will convert a 4:3 NTSC DVD to 16:9 while not loosing any quality at all?

If there is a program can someone just explain the steps also

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    OTO's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Last edited by OTO; 08-16-2008 at 07:52 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    In a nut shell, NO! Well kinda NO! If you change the resolution of a dvd thats meant to be shown as 4x3 to 16x9 it will appear stretched out and the actors will look short and squat. For the same reason, if you took a 16x9 video and squeezed it to 4x3, the actors would look tall and spindely. You could, on the otherhand, take a 16x9 video and CUT OFF the sides so it ends up 3x4 but the cut off part is gone for good and can't come back. And thats why a 4x3 dvd can't be made into a 16x9 dvd because to make it, the sides were cut off. I guess you could cut off some of the top and bottom of a 4x3 but the resulting video would not be like the original any more and the cutoff parts might be missed.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 08-17-2008 at 03:02 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    dvdsanta
    A taste of heaven........

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Total video convertor

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I used dvdsanta for the first time a few days ago and after a few days of fooling around, I uninstalled it. As far as I'm concerned its a piece of junk. If you like it, who am I to argue with you, but I have to tell someone who obviously doesn't know the first thing about conversions to avoid it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    If you dont care if the file is a .mkv mkvmerge can do it really fast