Thread: Giganews acting funny.

I have a diamond account but 4 or 5 of the 20 connections state that they couldn't connect on the grounds of exceeding the maximum number of connections allowed. Also, speeds have dropped from the consistent 500kb/s to about 20kb/s. I presume it's just something that happens from time to time.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I have a diamond account but 4 or 5 of the 20 connections state that they couldn't connect on the grounds of exceeding the maximum number of connections allowed. Also, speeds have dropped from the consistent 500kb/s to about 20kb/s. I presume it's just something that happens from time to time.
    No that's not normal, I am having no troubles at all (or have I ever) out of giganews. I have 10 connections through them, but only use nine. Reason being, my client was trying to open a new connection before dropping the old one causing the errors you are getting. Try dropping down from 20 to 19 and see what happens.

On your speed problem, I guess would be is that there might just be some congestion in the lines around where you live. None the less, I'd email customer support. They will do what they can to help you. You're paying for the best, expect the best, don't be shy about it.

Take full advantage of their customer support - I hear they are very good, though I have never had cause to email them myself.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I watch (okay, d/l virtually 24/7) from GN, and all day today they've been a bit.. wanky to use a brit term.

I actually complained about some inconsistencies about 2 weeks ago and got the standard 'form' reply of 'oh no, not OUR system!' response.

GN is pretty stable, but every once in a while, although they will never admit it, it goes 'off the track' a bit. Today is a prime example. But I will say it's been probably a good 2 months since it's been this far off, so... still a good track record.

But NOT perfect.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Beck,wich server are you using (US or EU) ?

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    yeah the problem went away pretty quickly, so no worries