Thread: Torrent Speed

For months now my torrents have been slowing down at around 4:30pm until 2:00am. The rest of the internet is normal speed, only my torrents are going slow.. Is there anything that could be causing this other than my ISP? If it is my ISP is there anyway I can get around this? I have encryption on Utorrent.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    DSL or cable?

Are you downloading from fast trackers or slow trackers?

I mean from 4:30PM - 2:00AM is very likely for people to jump into downloads, making your internet slow. if you have a crappy ISP this could be the case. As for traffic shaping, my ISP has traffic shaping and encryption in uTorrent is good enough to beat that. On fast trackers or Usenet I have no problem getting 1-2 megabytes per second downloads anytime. I have a good ISP though.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DSL. Downloading from fast private trackers. I didn't always get slow speed on torrents this just started happening months ago. It seems to slow down to around 50k/b at around 4:30pm then sometimes at about 6:00pm it'll go to about 20k/b until 2:00am where it goes back to normal speed.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Change your port in uTorrent and configure the port to be open in your firewall/router, make sure that uTorrent is actually connecting to peers as well. Force your router to change the IP and see if traffic routes better that way.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    db_la_23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    no its not utorrent problem. m b hes using bsnl home plan 500. it will slow down in that time. i have also have the same prob

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Busiest time on the internet = slower speeds. It isn't quite noticeable browsing, but it can be on torrents. Do some speedtests to compare or something.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    No, it's not because it's busy. I tested it by downloading winamp from winamp.com and I got my normal quick speed.

I changed my port and forwarded it, didn't do anything.

My ISP must be throttling or something.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Maybe a new trick from the ISP. I worked for my current ISP and all I know is that they had some software in place that would slow down bittorrent traffic but it was always on and it can be bypassed by enabling encryption and using a port not used by bittorrent clients.