Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Network problem

ok thanks for your suggestions well i try out, its acutally a onboard LAN giving me an problem...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by staticzip View Post
    ok thanks for your suggestions well i try out, its acutally a onboard LAN giving me an problem...

Oh so easy then ! Put a lan card in , rob ,steal from a friend to try . Their pretty cheap but try that first . I don't know why but some friends have had onboard lan go and I had to install a card for them . Three in the last 6 months , different brands of mobos I might add.

You would have to disable in Device Manager first , then shut down , install your card then reboot . It's the one thing I take from old computers , the lan cards you never know when you need them .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    its an On board LAN Card, so you are saying i have to try installing PCI LAN card

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by staticzip View Post
    its an On board LAN Card, so you are saying i have to try installing PCI LAN card

Does n't hurt to try , I find with computers you narrow down the problems one at a time . It was just a suggestion tho and easy to do .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    well your on lan con 5 so you removed the adapter a few times.

start with the basics, is the lan card working? when you plug the cable from the switch/router does had a LED, and is it lit? Does the Router/switch light up on that port?

Does windows recognize the card right, and does it see it as having any errors? in device manager it would have a ? mark on it, and in the controller properties it would say either "This device is working properly" or its not.

is you stack built correctly? (LOCAL AREA CONNECTION PROPERTIES, where it says this connection uses the following items.) It should have client for MS networks, file & printer sharing if you have it turned on, QoS Packet Scheduler, and TCP/IP

it sounds to me like its not seeing you card and i would try removing it on device manager, and letting window find it again, or force it to search for new hardware and reinstall it. The NIC could have also just failed.
    I agree with u also maybe ur copy of windows is damaged or crashed if it easy try to install new copy of windows and see .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    May be there is network card problem just check it out............

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Well that sure looks like a pickle of a dilly you're in.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    snakebite's Avatar Need Help BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Hey I had the same problem and I install a program called network magic I don't know what it did but it if the the problem and my network work fabulous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12