Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Network problem

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?i...anerrorgb7.jpg

I am getting this error message when i give repair on Local Area connection,

1. some times it says Local Area connection unplugged
    I have tested the all the cables, connections from broadband etc.,
    & even going to cmd and typing ipconfig /all - when i do this it gives the error message as

http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=iperrorvs6.jpg

the ip address & DNS doesn't obtain automatically, if we give it manually then also it shows like this

http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?i...nstatushv7.jpg

i even reinstall the ethernet drivers, scanned for virus - no virus were found, but also this problem occurs

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    well your on lan con 5 so you removed the adapter a few times.

start with the basics, is the lan card working? when you plug the cable from the switch/router does had a LED, and is it lit? Does the Router/switch light up on that port?

Does windows recognize the card right, and does it see it as having any errors? in device manager it would have a ? mark on it, and in the controller properties it would say either "This device is working properly" or its not.

is you stack built correctly? (LOCAL AREA CONNECTION PROPERTIES, where it says this connection uses the following items.) It should have client for MS networks, file & printer sharing if you have it turned on, QoS Packet Scheduler, and TCP/IP

it sounds to me like its not seeing you card and i would try removing it on device manager, and letting window find it again, or force it to search for new hardware and reinstall it. The NIC could have also just failed.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    It could be a firewall issue or a problem with winsock. Try in safe mode with networking and see if you get online. If you do, then is most likely a firewall issue. If you happen to have another computer that is online, you could get a program called dial-a-fix (For WinXP, No Vista), it can reset your network settings and windows firewall settings. Can repair winsock issues as well.

But if you have another firewall it could be a misconfigured firewall.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    a firewall would not have an interaction with ipconfig /all,

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    yeah sorry didn't check the pictures. Uninstall/Reinstall Nic drivers. That reinstalls the TCP/IP protocol. If that doesn't resolve your issue then also use Dial-A-Fix.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i have tired even turning off the firewall, going to safe mode, in device manager the NIC card is shown with no errors, if error were there it would have given a question mark ? in yellow color on the particular device, i even uninstalled & reinstalled the NIC drivers, in swtich & routers the light is showing - the one way is now i will try Dial-A-Fix

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Dial-A-Fix doesn't worked here, any other methods

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Do you have onboard lan take out the card and try that ? Sometimes they fail but show in device manager like everything is hunky dory .

Another thing to try is insert your Windows Pro disk and run the Network wizard . Hmm your on con 5 so at lest you don't give up . Sometimes your ISP will try and help you , if you find a good Tech .

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Oops so much patience eh ? Oh well I posted twice so might as well go for it . By phoning your ISP ( who may say hey your on your own ) they may reset the modem from their end and check for you .

I work on friends computers alot and constantly plug and unplug computers using a hub to update or check , sometimes the old trick of powering down or unpluging the modem and switch doesn't always work . They added an IP adress for me as I was allowed two but did n't know that . Problem was solved but it was their end so very frustrating as I formatted and reinstalled when I did n't need too .
    Last edited by peat moss; 08-20-2008 at 05:02 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    In dial a fix you clicked on Tools (The little hammer at the bottom)?

Then clicked "Reset Network Interfaces"?

I also probably would run "Reset permissions"

If you did try to reinstall TCP/IP manually

Here is how

http://answers.vt.edu/ask4help/desktop/vtkb2433.htm

Make sure that you have this under the local area connection properties as well

Client for Microsoft Networks
    QoS Packet Scheduler
    Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) (Try manually reinstalling this, check the link above)
    NWLink NetBIOS

These all should have check marks
    Last edited by saulin; 08-21-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast