Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Americans are not....

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    ...screwing at a population replacement rate, and we shall soon cease to be.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,405942,00.html

Should we try harder.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Why are Clocker and you sitting playing on your computers. Get out there and do your duty for your country.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Why are Clocker and you sitting playing on your computers. Get out there and do your duty for your country.
    Clocker recently told me he cannot abide hot, young, fertile females as he finds them shallow.

Literally shallow, I suppose, like trying to swim in the tub.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Clocker recently told me he cannot abide hot, young, fertile females as he finds them shallow.

Literally shallow, I suppose, like trying to swim in the tub.
    He could just donate to a sperm bank. Banks are also in serious decline at the moment. He would then be doing the country a double service.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    惡魔的提倡者
    He could just donate to a sperm bank. Banks are also in serious decline at the moment. He would then be doing the country a double service.
    I was just reading that this week California's high court ruled doctors cannot withhold medical care to homosexual men and women based on religious beliefs.
    The case arose from a fertility doctor that refused artificial insemination treatment of a lesbian couple. Which to me is ironic because the donor was probably watching two lesbians on video to help him make his deposit.

So at least now west coast lesbians can do their part for their country.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    lldoryll's Avatar Supreme Ruler
    This thread is cracking me up lol
    On the more serious side.. It seems to be a trend everywhere these days
    Kids cost money time and and energy to raise...
    and it really isn't the package deal like it used to be but instead, each kid born means that much more money whether it be college tuition, soccer practices, etc.
    And... with emphasis placed on greater productivity from the women in the work force... with taking a year or two off or even more to raise a child seriously hinders the family's ability to support itself as well as the mother's advancement in her career....
    This is kind of random but Lynette in Desperate Housewives is something that a lot of mothers could relate to I think....

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    I was just reading that this week California's high court ruled doctors cannot withhold medical care to homosexual men and women based on religious beliefs.
    The case arose from a fertility doctor that refused artificial insemination treatment of a lesbian couple. Which to me is ironic because the donor was probably watching two lesbians on video to help him make his deposit.

So at least now west coast lesbians can do their part for their country.
    We can always count on California.

On the other hand, is this an example of the law of unintended consequences...I think the gays might find themselves at least marginally disinclined to help with the population problem given that, according to the actuarial realities, they will be giving birth to significantly more hetero- than homosexual offspring.

Facts is facts.

Quote Originally Posted by lldoryll View Post
    This thread is cracking me up lol
    On the more serious side.. It seems to be a trend everywhere these days
    Kids cost money time and and energy to raise...
    and it really isn't the package deal like it used to be but instead, each kid born means that much more money whether it be college tuition, soccer practices, etc.
    And... with emphasis placed on greater productivity from the women in the work force... with taking a year or two off or even more to raise a child seriously hinders the family's ability to support itself as well as the mother's advancement in her career....
    This is kind of random but Lynette in Desperate Housewives is something that a lot of mothers could relate to I think....
    Don't know Lynette.

You are right as to current socio-cultural pressures and mores and their effect on the role of the female in the US family.

Are men allowed to make such observances anymore, I can't be sure, and don't know who to ask.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    We are a dying breed anyway. Whites are predicted to be the minority in Texas by 2015 and nationwide by 2024.

That is based on the current census trends.

Maybe I should go ahead and start some programs. The NAAWP, etc....

I wonder if businesses will be required to then hire certain amounts of white people to ensure there is no racism going on. To be fair, and all.

yo

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I wonder if businesses will be required to then hire certain amounts of white people to ensure there is no racism going on. To be fair, and all.
    No, certainly not.

We'll be the new Jews, I suppose, likely to be stripped of all our possessions.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

We can always count on California.

On the other hand, is this an example of the law of unintended consequences...I think the gays might find themselves at least marginally disinclined to help with the population problem given that, according to the actuarial realities, they will be giving birth to significantly more hetero- than homosexual offspring.

Facts is facts.
    I should think they are like most of us and just hope for a child to love unconditionally.
    I don't remember at any time asking "what if" when we decided to have our children.
    In fact the only different questions I can figure out that lesbians have to ask is which one of us and how do we do it.
    @ lldoryll

with taking a year or two off or even more to raise a child seriously hinders the family's ability to support itself as well as the mother's advancement in her career
    I think females working for career advancement is a fraction compared to mothers being in the workforce to make ends meet because one wage will not pay family sized bills.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 08-22-2008 at 04:47 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast