Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compulsively having to change the channel when a soap theme tune comes on

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Does anyone else do this?

I really hate soaps and I just can't even have the things on in the background. I always feel like they might be sending out special waves that steal my (already diminised) brain capacity

Every time Eastenders or Hollyoaks or one of the other horrors come in, I frantically jump up trying to locate the remote, thus injuring my already injured pelvis even further.

Do you think I can claim compensation for this?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    I thought I was the only one! Those bastards on C4 only put The Simpos on before Hollyoaks to try to catch us out

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    "Simpos", "Simpos" ... are you on something.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    I'm drinking cola

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    I thought I was the only one! Those bastards on C4 only put The Simpos on before Hollyoaks to try to catch us out

Exactly! You think you've got time to get some tea and a biscuit and before you know it that annoying tune is playing in the background

6. Lounge   -   #6
    I'm drinking cola
    Does that normally have the effect of making you post like some kind of Australian.

"The Simpos" indeed.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    It's a term of endearment, I wouldn't expect you to understand. Australian indeed .

Skweeks, I really don't understand soaps. Often my OH accuses me of watching them, when actually they've just come on while I was having a think about something and I haven't realised . I've been thinking about experimenting with doing away with TV but I don't want to become a smug boring book reading hairy new age twat .

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Can't do away with the telly!

you'd miss brilliant tv like the X-factor audition. Always good for a bit of Schadefreude

9. Lounge   -   #9
    That's one of them things I can understand other people liking, but leave me cold . What about Frost? Everone likes a bit of Frost!

10. Lounge   -   #10
    It's a term of endearment, I wouldn't expect you to understand. Australian indeed .

Skweeks, I really don't understand soaps. Often my OH accuses me of watching them, when actually they've just come on while I was having a think about something and I haven't realised . I've been thinking about experimenting with doing away with TV but I don't want to become a smug boring book reading hairy new age twat .
    Become ben you say, it's so crazy it may just work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast