Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti-virus 2009 :dam:

enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    My dads computer was infected with this last week. I thought i'd got rid of it, but no such luck

He rang me tonight saying that it was popping up on most webpages trying to install itself again when you try to close it down. Does this sound like his computers infected with it again and has it also hijacked his browser

What i'm asking really is how the feck do i get rid on this once and for all. When i ran AVG it got rid of it but the internet browser was still hijacked. Everytime time i tried to set the security setting bar to the middle and then clicked apply i shut down IE and opened it up again the bar had gone back down to the bottom on the cookie settings. Windows defender did something and it seemed to fix it, but i think it back again

Thanks in advance

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4
    maybe the way posted here : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malw...antivirus-2009 will do it ..
    hope this helps.
    “Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.”

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    #Palestinian#'s Avatar Assistant.......
    i have faced this problem twice in the last week , tried every possible thing but all of them were useless , so i went to format my tow PCs and that soved the problem , i know that's not a good solution but there were no other options for me .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shutdk's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    This virus is everywhere! Whats the best way of getting rid of this shit (without getting even more of it)?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    I'd like to solve this problem without the old re-format if possible

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    I had to reformat too, I tried everything but nothing works with it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Running smitfraudfix, then combofix and going through add/remove programs should almost clean everything. Then install/update AV and do a full scan. There was no infected computer I could not clean if I had internet access when I was cleaning systems.

For some really tough trojans/viruses you need to use autoruns and process explorer and the windows cacls command to deny access to them and so that your AV can remove them.

for example in windows XP:

cacls c:\wndows\virus name.exe /p guest:n

Would make it so that the virus does not load the next time windows reboots because the user won't have rights to load the file. Then the AV can detect and delete the file. But you need the name and location of the infected file for this which can be found by using Autoruns and process explorer.

Process explorer will show you all running processes including viruses. You can kill the process and simply delete the infected file this way. Autoruns is used to uncheck the trojans/viruses so that windows does not load them on the next reboot and scanners like Smitfraudfix and Combofix will scan, detect and delete infections. Much more effective than Antivirus software. You want to run these 2 before the AV. Also remove as much as you can from add/remove programs.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Its funny but a friemd brought over a computer with the same Antivirus 2009 crap . I remember SMITFRAUD from this post and ran in safemode .

Problem seemed solved till I use google search , I'm getting some weird pages loading from search engines I'v never heard of . I ran TuneUp 2008 Start Up Manager and deleted but dam as I'm typing I'm getting some weird web pages .

Oh well back to the drawing board , I'm going to try Trojan Hunter see what it finds .

Ya Hiyackthis may help :

l

Found Three Browser Helpers with Trojan Killer but can't delete ! After a reboot I find Zamgo or Zango trying to reinstall and its going to be hard to get it . I'm moving on to Hyjackthis . Crap if my computer I'd just nuke it .

http://www.merijn.org/programs.php

Wow this thing is a lil bugger , took two try's type this .
    Last edited by peat moss; 08-22-2008 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Ok three tries . lol

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    It's probably coming back through a dll somewhere... most likely one with a generated name.
    You could give SuperAntiSpyware a go; I've found it very smart in the past.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    db_la_23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    try removing it 4 the reg.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast