Thread: Comcast will cut back some customers' speeds after FCC order

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    "Just one day after the Federal Communications Commission released its official opinion and order regarding the cable provider's throttling practices, Comcast has changed its ways."

"Called Fair Share, the service's new protocol will slow down the connection speeds of Comcast's most bandwidth-heavy users for periods of up to 20 minutes. It will be application-agnostic, and will be triggered by the customer's overall use of bandwidth.

While at first it may sound like the move goes totally against the FCC's order to stop throttling, in reality it matches with the agency's position on the cable company's rights to manage its network within reason.

FCC commissioners gave Comcast 30 days to detail its previous practices and how they were planning to change them. From the look of Wednesday's announcement, at least one of those requirements has been satisfied."

Source: Full Article @ BetaNews
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    zeroslave
    wat a bunch of crap......Comcast has the best service for internet i my area but their practices and customer service SUCK

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    yea same here...just 12 more days and i will have blazing fast speeds with verizon fios 20/5 connection
    i be lurking

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    So it will go from slow to even slower?
    See ya in another life, brother.

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I feel really bad for people with only one option in internet: comcrap

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post
    yup thats me till 12 days

u guys should read maximum pc (magazine) it shows what exactly comcrap does..
    i be lurking

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    ry-the-guy
    Comcast is just plain awful. I have been without internet due to faulty cables for days and even WEEKS at a time, on multiple (we're talking like 10-15) occasions. Now they are throttling the speeds when I finally get it back. All I have to say is that they are lucky that they're the only option in my area.

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post
    Commucast is we have out here in the country I really wish Verizon FiOS would come to our area.

So, does this mean I'll have faster upload speeds most of the time, but extremely slow speeds on occasion?

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.