Thread: Laurence Fishburne to join the CSI cast

The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    CSI nabs its man: Laurence Fishburne
    By Tim Surette - TV.com
    August 18, 2008 at 01:44:00 PM

Petersen out, Matrix's Morpheus in on CBS hit; character with a hidden past debuts in this season's ninth episode.

It's official! CSI has caught its big "fish" and doesn't have to throw it back. Emmy winner Laurence Fishburne will be joining the hit procedural this season, CBS announced today, just shy of two weeks after the first reports of the actor being courted to join the series hit the wires.

Larry Fishy.

Fishburne will play an expert on criminal behavior who joins the CSI team in the ninth episode. But Fishburne's character won't be all squeaky clean. The unusual behavior that he sees in some of the most deranged minds is similar to what he sees within himself...spooky!

The 47-year-old actor is best known for playing the Neo-mentoring Morpheus in the sci-fi breakthrough The Matrix trilogy, and also earned an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of Ike Turner in What's Love Got to Do With It. But we'll always remember him as a fresh-faced 15-year-old in Apocalypse Now. He also won an Emmy for a guest appearance on Tribeca.

"Mr. Fishburne is also a talented writer and director," said CSI executive producers Carol Mendelsohn and Naren Shankar. "If you distill CSI down to its essence, it's a collaboration--and we are so looking forward to collaborating with Mr. Fishburne. For all of us at CSI, this is truly a dream."

Fishburne's firepower will help replace the loss of star William Petersen, who departs sometime this season. Petersen, who plays Gil Grissom on CSI, decided to leave the acting gig to pursue other interests.

Source: http://www.tv.com/story/11561.html?t...m_clk=gumballs

I think the show is shite when compared to stuff like Spooks, The Closer (even though I'm not a great fan of The Closer) or The Wire, but I like Fishburne. He's a solid actor that's proved his worth.

This should help make the show more tolerable.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Will he be feeding everybody blue or red pills

3. Lounge   -   #3
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The red innit. To break them out of the 'Matrix'.

I should think.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    CSI: Matrix?
    See ya in another life, brother.