Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ovh

SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I know there is a question like this every week but here I go..

I live in the US, like most users here, and I would like to invest in an OVH box. I hear rumors about them coming here to the US so the questions are:

Should I wait until OVH extends service to the US?
    Which reseller should I buy from if I choose not to wait?

Also, I´m a little young (the people who have been here as long as I have should know from some of my earlier posts, but I´ll just say I´m in the early teens) and I don´t have a job or a way to make money and 45 euros is quite a load on one´s wallet, so how many people should I share the box with and should I get a kinsufi 08 or a kimsufi 08xl (XL model since it´ll be several people so we need the extra ram for the extra torrents)

Thanks.
    o hai

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Mr. UKTV BT Rep: +1
    If I am reading the forums right, they will be expanding their service. Im unsure as of when. Reagarding getting a reseller, im sure one of the more "senior" users will inform you who to deal with.

And you are right in what you are saying. I had the Kimsufi for only a month as I found it to slow. Had trouble getting 10 torrents going at once! Best choice, if you had the money would be the XXL, but im sure you can serve your purpose on the XL.

Good luck in your findings

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I'd recommend waiting a couple more weeks until OVH allows everybody to order from them. Then, i've personally only have shared with one person on a kimi reloaded and it worked out we'll. I know people that have had up to 4 people using it at one time and it worked we'll for them. It basically comes down on how hardcore you and the rest of the people on the box are when it comes to seeding. If you all have SCT on RSS then you may find that there's not enough speed to go around. If you and your seedbox mates are slightly more casual users it should be find for up to 4. Also, while OVH hasn't really mentioned anything about prices, if you order from OVH.com you'll save yourself close to 10 bucks then from ovh.uk. Anyways, good luck!
    See ya in another life, brother.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    I'd recommend waiting a couple more weeks until OVH allows everybody to order from them. Then, i've personally only have shared with one person on a kimi reloaded and it worked out we'll. I know people that have had up to 4 people using it at one time and it worked we'll for them. It basically comes down on how hardcore you and the rest of the people on the box are when it comes to seeding. If you all have SCT on RSS then you may find that there's not enough speed to go around. If you and your seedbox mates are slightly more casual users it should be find for up to 4. Also, while OVH hasn't really mentioned anything about prices, if you order from OVH.com you'll save yourself close to 10 bucks then from ovh.uk. Anyways, good luck!
    To be honest with you i dont think its going to happen,well if it does your looking at after xmas.When ovh say they are going to do smthing like ovh reseller program and they say 3 weeks it turns into 3 months.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I can get ovh for people. PM me. I am one of the trusted resellers from ScT. (161)

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Mr. UKTV BT Rep: +1
    that makes me laugh

username?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    i presume you're not on sct
    Last edited by a.microsoft; 08-22-2008 at 01:51 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    if i were the op i would just get one of slayers $4 slots. that should give enough buffer and save the op some money until\if ovh comes to usa

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Alright, so it has basically come down to: wait until it comes to the US or buy a slot from Slayer..

I'll think about it, maybe I'll just wait as even thought it's only 4 bucks, I'm short on cash. Thanks for the help!
    o hai

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    a.microsoft, wat can u offer on ovh seedbox.

cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast