Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basic

Ron's Avatar Poster
    I must be getting dumber by the day, because I didn't get this movie.
    Does anybody here understand what really happened there?
    Why did Pike/Dunbar change dogtags?
    If Kendall was a bad guy, why did Pike/Dunbar/whatever drag him along on his shoulder?
    Why did the rest of the group (section 8?) disappear into the jungle?

I would be much obliged if someone could shed some light on this one.
    I'd like to burn it, but won't if I don't get it first.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    I has been awhile since I saw it, but I belive that the story was bull$hit. It didnt really happen, Section 8 didnt really exsist. They made the whole story up to expose the guy that called travolta in the first place, I think he was the base commander (the guy from the show Wings). If you remember the end nobody that was in the jungle died, they were all eating and drinking. From what I got from it they were a special investigative team that went after corrupt people. I dont know if this is %100 correct as I saw it in the trearter when it 1st came out.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Well, the guy named Mueller died in the jungle. (his body was found, and the rescue helicopter saw Pike/Dunbar kill him)
    So Mueller, Kendall, the base commander and Vilmer (the doctor) were the bad guys.
    This could have been a great movie, but too many plot twists killed it.
    I haven't met anybody who understood it yet.

Suppose Travolta heard about a drug traffic...
    He sends his team in to join the Ranger team. The leader of the Ranger team (West) informs the base commander about the drugs. The commander doesn't act, but orders two guys (Mueller and Kendall) to kill West during a jungle exercise.
    So we get a shoot out in the jungle during which Kendall gets hit, and Muueller dies.
    Why was Pike/Dunbar carrying Kendall on his shoulders then?
    And why did he change dog tags with someone?
    In the beginning of the movie you're informed that Travolta is a DEA agent who's suspended during the investigation of his alledged corruption.
    In the end, he's a colonel who was working on a drug traffic on an army base.
    Why did Dunbar write that eight on the paper?
    Why did the commander kill Kendall?
    Who were the guys the commander called section 8? If it was Travolta's team, he would have known who they were, no? Why did he even tell Travolta about them?

I don't know, but it looks like they made this movie without a script, just added stuff as they went along.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I will have to watch it again. I do remember I was very annoyed with the ending. You are right about the plot twist, to many and they didnt make any logical sense.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Section 8 did exist. They were section 8. True this movie did fuck your head up at the end but basically everybody u saw at the end was sent into the army because Samuel Jackson found out about the drugs so he used them as his team and took the other two along. The other stuff (in the jungle) is just made up stories none of those happened they just were making up stuff.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by Ron@22 August 2003 - 18:09
    I must be getting dumber by the day, because I didn't get this movie.
    Does anybody here understand what really happened there?
    Why did Pike/Dunbar change dogtags?
    If Kendall was a bad guy, why did Pike/Dunbar/whatever drag him along on his shoulder?
    Why did the rest of the group (section 8?) disappear into the jungle?

I would be much obliged if someone could shed some light on this one.
    I'd like to burn it, but won't if I don't get it first.
    Yes, section 8 was real, it was them in the very very last scene. Everything they said was to set something else up in this movie. Section 8 wanted to expose the drug trafficing of those "combat cocktails."

Kendell wasn't a bad guy, if he was, he wouldn't have drawn an "8" on the woman's hand. He might have been section 8, maybe not, movie never said cuz he died early.

Pike/Dunbar switched tags for no appearant reason. Now if Pike wasn't section 8, I could see why he did it, but since he is, I have no clue. Just another twist for the movie?

Hope that cleared it up.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Kendall was a bad guy that's why the commander poisoned him why he wrote the eight I don't know i will have to watch again.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for the input guys but if nothing in the jungle happened, how did Mueller get killed and Kendall shot?
    I mean, the crew of the pick up helicopter saw Pike/Dunbar kill Mueller.
    Surely that crew wasn't part of the team too?
    And even if so, Mueller still remains dead.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Let me rephrase it happened but it was all twisted Kendall and Mueller were both the bad guys. Since I haven't seen in a while then I can't really elaborate but the thing u see them say the most is what happened up until they start twisting it up. Samuel Jackson faked his death so they would have to pin it on someone and off rip they would say pike cause it seemed he was always picking on him. So trying to figure out who did it turned them against one another. I will watch it again so I can tell u the whole thing correctly.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    See how confusing it is?
    There was noone to turn against the other as Mueller was already dead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast