Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: seedboxworld.net reviews needed

wow, those packages are expensive. £40 for 512MB 40GB VPS, I can get a kimXL (2GB 250GB Dedi) from a reseller for that price
    Hosting-IE VPS vs OVH Dedi
    vs

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    djaz
    i ahave been with torrentseeds for months and i think they are a reasonable price ,i have had no complaints about the service and the customer support i get is great hope this help everyone its the best torrent seed av seen yet

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    cartwright118's Avatar Member
    Hi guys,

Looking through the forum, I found this thread. I'm actually already a SeedBoxWorld.net customer. I have been for about 5 months now. I can be straight with you, SeedBoxWorld.net aint the cheapest for VPS's...BUT, i think you will find them to be one of the cheapest XEN VPS Hosts! Read more below about XEN/Virtuozzo VPS's

I'm not too sure what a couple of you are on about, I'm on a Windows XEN VPS and I havn't had any problems what so ever, speeds are very good for a VPS and if all you are worried about is the cost, then you are totally mad.

E.G When going to the supermarket to get some Bread. Would you rather pay 20p for the supermarkets own brand of bread, dry and tasteless, or pay 80p extra and get a much better quality warburtons loaf? (Totally different products, but the principal is the same). In this case, Virtuozzo (cheaper VPS) is the Supermarkets own loaf and Warburtons are the XEN VPS's (What SeedBox are offering)

Also the VPS I have is a XEN VPS, which I believe so far, is my favorite Virtualization method. So much more like a Dedicated server, resource wise (Don't believe me? There are plenty of forums around on the internet that prove this fact!)

Ive been with 2 other VPS companys prior to SeedBox and both have been Virtuozzo/OpenVZ VPS's, and all the resources are very limited. Also alot of 3rd party applications are blocked. For instance, Parallels do NOT allow 3rd party drivers to be installed onto a network card, so you won't be able to install a 'decent' firewall.

So really, if you guys moaning about the price, go ahead and order a cheap Virtuozzo/OpenVZ VPS, be dissapointed. Because you wont find the better quality XEN VPS much cheaper than SeedBox. If you want a good stable, fair distributed VPS then you need to pay a little extra!

The reason why the XEN VPS's are more expensive, is because they use alot more of the Node's resources, as they give it back to the end user. You will find that Virtuozzo, the hosting company will over sell and put twice as many VPS's on one machine. So they can afford to do cheaper VPS's, I think this is un fair to the end user. As they are not recieving all the resources they ordered. With XEN if they say you are getting 512mb ram, then you ARE getting that amount all the time. Not just when the VPS actually needs it (Like virtuozzo)

So basically, you will find any company doing XEN vps's more expensive than companys doing Virtuozzo VPS's. Look around, you will find out for yourself. Once you have found out the difference, you will find SeedBox to be one of the cheapest. I know....I've been there and looked!

Start researching before slagging off totally innocent companys! I've had no problems at all with SeedBoxWorld.net, NOT ONE! Speeds are great, slower at times. But always faster than i recieved off a Virtuozzo VPS. People should start looking, how there VPS is powered, rather than just looking at the price!

//CJ

P.S Happy to answer any questions regarding my own VPS. Also everything ive said above, is based on Windows VPS's as i cannot comment on NIX, but the theory between XEN and Virtuozzo/Open VZ stays the same
    Last edited by cartwright118; 09-20-2008 at 10:11 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    maybe this VPS is better than other VPSs, but it is still more expensive than a lot of dedis even through a reseller. if you're prepared to spend those prices, go and get a kimsufi, quite simple, more space, more ram, better cpu, and the entire network card to yourself.
    vs

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    if you havent noticed, the people that are saying they are with seedboxworld is good but expensive have only one posts and have just joined which basically means that people from seedboxworld are creating accounts and then lying and saying their service is good.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I noticed, thought I would throw their claims away anyway
    vs

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    leader26
    i use the service and have used many other seedbox's in the past if im honest id say there only slow if u dont know how to use them if u stick to things like stargate atlantis new films and things u know will be leeched by lots of peeps and ur quick to upload them ul hit 700/cent of any torrent fast its just a matter of experiance if u want to see my seed/leech ratio il be happy to post but iv uploaded 1tb in a month for 20 quid if id of donated to my site i would of got 3 months witch 4 me would eqate to about 400gb so im no mathamatician but id say iv got 8 months worth for 20 quid without even ruining my ratio as i say if u know what ur doing ul get high speeds if u dont u wont

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ben99 View Post
    if you havent noticed, the people that are saying they are with seedboxworld is good but expensive have only one posts and have just joined which basically means that people from seedboxworld are creating accounts and then lying and saying their service is good.
    Very true

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    cartwright118's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ben99 View Post
    LOL, think you will find i am genuine. Ask an admin to check the IP and email address Its an individual one. Just never found a need to reply to a post before. Until now!

//Chris

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    an original one... from one of the many VPS boxes that seedboxworld happen to own.
    vs

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast