Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sct bday!

integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    ScT has some decent users. But most of them are 14 year old kids, or the juvenile, immature equivalent. So the forums are inherently filled with kiddie flame threads, drama wars, and decent hijacked threads that don't really bother to get closed, or are filled with spamages. They're almost like 4chan on sedatives.

But all that aside, I think it's a good idea. I may submit an entry.
    Sure, the links section is a bit juvenile, but, post a technical question and get expert advice...
    Yeah sure, expert advice ranging from "read the fucking manual" to "justfuckinggoogleit" I'm sure.

Just for a laugh I went to find the first shitty thread I could find, I was going to be unbiased and lenient too!

/forums_viewtopic.php?id=18062

Some forums just suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
    I think a lot of people want FTN because there is no ratio and supposedly it's a tight knit community where everybody is happy and singing songs about harmony and goodwill. It's the Shangrila of trackers. In general though, people just want what they can't have.
    I'll agree with that last sentence. I doubt any trader cares about a tight knit community, they just want to increase their e-tracker net worth.

The point of highly selective trackers where invites are given out sparsely is to keep out cheaters, burdens, non-sharers, traders, trolls, and other unsavory Internet characters; at least that's how I see it, and probably a lot of other people too.
    Last edited by integral; 08-22-2008 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

they didn't built Rome in one day

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

Angry

I think a lot of people want FTN because there is no ratio and supposedly it's a tight knit community where everybody is happy and singing songs about harmony and goodwill. It's the Shangrila of trackers. In general though, people just want what they can't have.
    I'll agree with that last sentence. I doubt any trader cares about a tight knit community, they just want to increase their e-tracker net worth.

The point of highly selective trackers where invites are given out sparsely is to keep out cheaters, burdens, non-sharers, traders, trolls, and other unsavory Internet characters; at least that's how I see it, and probably a lot of other people too.
    Just because someone wants into those trackers doesn't mean they are a trader, cheater, etc.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post

Sure, the links section is a bit juvenile, but, post a technical question and get expert advice...
    Yeah sure, expert advice ranging from "read the fucking manual" to "justfuckinggoogleit" I'm sure.

Just for a laugh I went to find the first shitty thread I could find, I was going to be unbiased and lenient too!

Some forums just suck.

Horrible example. Many tracker staff would answer questions just like that.

But it doesn't matter, this is irrelevant to the thread whatever.
    Happy Bday SCT!
    Last edited by dunson; 08-22-2008 at 10:24 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    This thread is completely pointless. Why tell a bunch of invite begging retards about something that doesn't apply in the slightest bit to them. Sure, maybe a few people here have accounts on ScT, but they would know about the news themselves. If you bring up some shitty "ohhh but they bookmark browse.php" argument, then that's irrelevant because obviously that person wouldn't be someone involved in the community anyways. If they cared about the site then they would realize there's a competition going on, they don't need to read the tracker's news on FST.

Some forums just suck.
    That is a horrible, horrible example. Similar questions get asked over and over and the answer has always been no (because obviously why would a scene tracker have a documentary category, when there's no such scene category as "documentary". they fit into XViD). Why keep a thread open when the answer is going to be the same regardless. Maybe you should think before you start crying about things here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by milkshake48 View Post
    This thread is completely pointless. Why tell a bunch of invite begging retards about something that doesn't apply in the slightest bit to them. Sure, maybe a few people here have accounts on ScT, but they would know about the news themselves. If you bring up some shitty "ohhh but they bookmark browse.php" argument, then that's irrelevant because obviously that person wouldn't be someone involved in the community anyways. If they cared about the site then they would realize there's a competition going on, they don't need to read the tracker's news on FST.

Some forums just suck.
    That is a horrible, horrible example. Similar questions get asked over and over and the answer has always been no (because obviously why would a scene tracker have a documentary category, when there's no such scene category as "documentary". they fit into XViD). Why keep a thread open when the answer is going to be the same regardless. Maybe you should think before you start crying about things here.
    No one's crying about anything. It's just an example of how the forums are completely unfriendly. Not my fault if you can't decipher that, but we all can't be so lucky. You can defend the forums until you're blue in the face, but in the end you're just lying to yourself. Don't live in denial!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    No one's crying about anything. It's just an example of how the forums are completely unfriendly. Not my fault if you can't decipher that, but we all can't be so lucky. You can defend the forums until you're blue in the face, but in the end you're just lying to yourself. Don't live in denial!
    What was unfriendly about it? The only thing about that post that I could see as even mildly unfriendly is the emoticon.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Shno's Avatar BT addict BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Wow, there are a lot of angry people in here... Anyways,

Happy birthday ScT!

So I'm assuming non-members can't enter right? That would be too bad, because one of my roommates is a and can make wicked cakes. Sigh.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I'm doing it for the 100gb ...I've already started

Last edited by killercam101; 08-23-2008 at 01:01 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by killercam101 View Post
    I'm doing it for the 100gb ...I've already started

phlamboyant phallus, how fitting. Happy birthday sct!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    How about giving us all an invite on the birthday, don't care about members who make a cake.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast