Thread: Have 4 IP addresses in seedbox, but always displays only 1 IP address

fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Hi all,
    I have this little problem when using OVH seedbox...
    When I used to use hosting-ie, they gave me 4 different ip address, and all of the ip address was working fine, whenever I connect to the tracker from IP address A then it displays IP address A, from IP address B then it displays IP address B, etc.

But when I use OVH, I put the same setting for /etc/networking/interfaces in Debian. But from whatever IP address I connect, it always displays the main IP address (eth0)

How can I fix this ? Please help me...

Which trackers do allow several passkey connect from one IP address ?

Thanks a lot guys....

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    you need to request them from ovh. its called ip fail over in ovh manager.

ovh have to do each ip manually, and you can only request one IP at a time. I've been waiting 4 days for my 3rd ip.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    yes, I requested it and already got 2 additional ip address, I put in /etc/network/interfaces... the 2 ip's up, but whenever I try to connect to the tracker it always detect the main ip

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    It's not magic.
    You need to set up your firewall (to edit packets on-the-fly) or your bt client (to report a specific IP address to the trackers). Otherwise, you'll only report the default ip address.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    well, could you be more specific ? Cause I don't think activate the firewall would be the answer

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    go here: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-see...buntu-281331/? and scroll to "Configure Multiple IP Addresses"

done.

EDIT: oh yeah, and you're welcome
    Last edited by puckface; 08-24-2008 at 07:59 PM.
    Go Leafs Go.