Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaseweb seedbox package recommendations?

Poster BT Rep: +5
    I've read enough 'seedbox reviews' on these forums and others to have concluded that leaseweb must be a real kick-a$$ seedbox provider, and I am thinking about trying them out for a month or two to see if they work out better than another host I just signed up with (santrex)...

The thing is, I have no idea what to sign up for (i.e. which package)? My goal is to seed as much as possible to boost my ratio on a few private trackers I'm a member of...It's just me that would be getting the box, and I wouldn't be sharing it with anyone...

I've read on these forums that others have managed to achieve 3MB upload speeds for each of the half dozen or so files that they're seeding, because they used leaseweb! - if this is true, that would effectively trump any speeds I've yet to see from santrex

I do like santrex very much by the way, as they have an informative and responsive support dept who helped me out a lot with my intial setup and usage... the thing is that they are the first seedbox provider I've signed up with, and I don't have much to compare them to (other than the experiences of others that I read about on these forums) - and the whole 3MB upload speeds X6 sounds amazing!

I do really like the santrex uTorrent WebUI package that I signed up for, and if leaseweb offered such a service, I wouldn't mind going with that to avoid having to relearn something from scratch...

And what about the 2TB limit issue that I keep reading about as one of leaseweb's big disadvantages? Forgive my ignorance, but can someone explain to me what this is all about, and perhaps give me an example of how that disadvantage might affect me, given my scenario as outlined above?

I'd really appreciate hearing any suggestions you all have on whether I should go with leaseweb or not; and if so, which package I should sign up for; do they offer a uTorrent WebUI seedbox, and if they don't, what would I have to do/learn about in order to setup my seebox to effectively seed to my various private trackers; and any other thoughts you may have on the matter...

Thanks!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    They dont advertise their servers as "seedboxes", so they dont offer any prepackage's with every torrent client installed for you...

e: Leaseweb has pretty good swarm of private boxes but OVH might have even bigger. I never had problem with my short 3 month usage of LW express server I (today's server II)
    Last edited by salasana; 08-23-2008 at 10:33 AM.
    I have everything what I need. You dont? Sucks to be you.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    yeah, LW are really good. I only use OVH because of the unlimited bandwidth!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    tymawr
    Had a Leaseweb seedbox for 2 years now (never had to use support) other than for OS reinstalls,
    using Express Server 2
    debian os
    b4rt installed with vnc and utorrent - and utorrent webui
    speed through b4rt are a little slower than with utorrent,
    utorrent will max my 100Mbps connection from most private sites with good seeds
    b4rt will around 80Mbps for the same file ....

hope this helps

(setup within 24 hrs - weekdays they dont work weekends)

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Can someone confirm that the plan outlined in the screenshots below appear to be correct?

-------------------------------

If this is correct, then what steps would be required to set everything up once I purchase this plan? I have zero experience with debian, and if I wanted to setup uTorrent (WebUI) I wouldn't even have a clue how to do it?

Anyone care to lend a helping hand with this?

Thanks!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    You're going to go thru 2TB real fast you ought to think about upgrading to something higher, or go for the unlimited bandwidth servers.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Thanks for the install/setup guide reference...

Does the package plan outlined in the screenshots above appear to be the correct one?

Forgive my last post...I missed the response deadalive1's post above it...Would I then choose from the available plans in the 'Unmetered Series'? I hope not, because those plans start at $199 (in Pounds I think - which means $368 Dollars!!)

Is this the leaseweb package you are referring to?

If so, does anyone have a realistic alternative?

Thanks!
    Last edited by m021478; 08-25-2008 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    All LeaseWeb prices = euros.

And what are you talking about the plans being the 'correct' ones?

You can buy any plan you'd like. The prices, and all their contents, are easily outlined for you.

If you think 2TB isn't enough for you in a whole month, then you can either increase your BW per month on the server configuration page, or look for an alternative.

A lot of people use OVH, which has unmetered bandwidth.

they didn't built Rome in one day

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ichigo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    I thought OVH started kicking out people who used their site for torrents? Is there a way around that, like let them not see what your doing, because I was going to get OVH but now am thinking of leaseweb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast