Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My story - comments, help and advice greatly appreciated

DogShpdState's Avatar Member
    Greetings all,

Several weeks ago, I noticed that I could no longer log into KG, receiving a '403 Forbidden IP' message. At the time, it didn't worry me too much as I wasn't very active there. I didn't like it too much that a lot of movies were splitted in two, so I had only downloaded 1 movie and was slowly building my ratio with stuff I'd previously got somewhere else. Moreover, I could log from school (which is where I'm writing this right now) so I assumed that KG had banned all accounts from my ISP, or that my ISP had banned KG.

A week and a half ago, I couldn't log either into tik or x264. tik gave me the same 403 message but x264 simply looked like it had erased my account. That was deffinitely odd, as I had registered x264 just a week before.

I logged into tik's irc channel and found out.

I was shown a thread in this forum and told the whole deal. Someone had cheated a site and was being banned from several sites. Problem is, I have the same IP that this guy, so the general concensus was that I was him. That is, that he had several accounts to various sites -one being my own account-.

I was unable to convince the person I was speaking to in tik's irc that I wasn't him, and though I remain connected, I haven't been spoken to since that first day. I don't believe that it'd make any difference if I bring the topic again.

Some things I tought that day that may help convincing people that my account is from a different person: I most probably use a different client (I've seen a couple of screenshots from the cheater's desktop); I've always used the same e-mail for my accounts and I've always built my ratios the hard way: I have only ~30KBs for my uploads and ~63KBs for my downloads. I understand that this guy uses -or used- a seedbox, which I've never have. I've also sometimes logged from my school's computer, whose IP should stand out.

I think that my ISP assigns little different IPs to a large number of subscribers, though I wouldn't know how to prove that.

I suspect that my accounts have been erased, and in that case little can be done. But it pisses me off that from now on, I'll have a 'bad reputation'. Even if I try in a few months to enter again, I think that my IP will be looked upon suspiciously. Moreover, how can I guarantee that I'll never share the same IP with 'the guy' again? I also feel bad for the people that granted me invitations from tik who'll think themselves cheated...

That's all. Thanks for reading this long post. I'm not very hopeful that my name will ever be cleared, but at least you can take note. If you have any comments, or any advice, that would be greatly appreciated.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DogShpdState View Post
    Problem is, I have the same IP that this guy, so the general concensus was that I was him. That is, that he had several accounts to various sites -one being my own account-.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    That is, that he had several accounts to various sites -one being my own account-.
    what does that mean ?? you were sharing an account with the guy ???

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ajsi's Avatar think twice... BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by kuracat View Post
    Problem is, I have the same IP that this guy, so the general concensus was that I was him. That is, that he had several accounts to various sites -one being my own account-.
    hmm, double
    Last edited by ajsi; 09-17-2008 at 05:44 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ajsi's Avatar think twice... BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by kuracat View Post

wasn't that your brother?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    That was a pretty elaborate story about your evil clone that exists in the same household as you cheating on all of his accounts, even one that you two shared. I'm not sure what you wanted as a comment, but I'd work on your syntax a bit, and your thesis statement really didn't hook me in too deep. Also, the character development of your evil clone is stale at best.

they didn't built Rome in one day

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    p0ster
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    That was a pretty elaborate story about your evil clone that exists in the same household as you cheating on all of his accounts, even one that you two shared. I'm not sure what you wanted as a comment, but I'd work on your syntax a bit, and your thesis statement really didn't hook me in too deep. Also, the character development of your evil clone is stale at best.
    Could use a stronger conclusion too, if you ask me.

My advice? kick out the evil clone, there's no other solution.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I canīt make any comment because I have nothing clear.
    But... Itīs hard to believe that you share same IP with other person who coincidentally connects to the same sites you do. Not one, at least two.
    I can say either that is not possible, but nobody is going to waste time and efforts trying to find the truth.
    So, my best advice is: whatever is your case, move on, and learn from the experience.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    If you mean your IP is very similar to that user, then that sucks. You can't do much about it if they think your IP is a cheater.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    DogShpdState's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post
    That is, that he had several accounts to various sites -one being my own account-.
    what does that mean ?? you were sharing an account with the guy ???
    No, I was told that there were three accounts with the same IP in one of the sites (KG I think). One of them is my account, the other two I don't know if it was the same guy or two different people -one suffering the same problem as me.

I'm sorry that many people still believe I'm a "clone" of the cheater. That's what I feared indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod
    I can say either that is not possible, but nobody is going to waste time and efforts trying to find the truth.
    Unfortunately, that's what I think so too...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast