Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just me or is it becoming almost impossible to seed at SCT and FTN?

Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I donīt know whatīs happening but lately is almost impossible to get a 1:1 individual file ratio in SCT and FTn as well.
    Not even with a seeedbox is easy to keep healthy ratio.
    FTN, as always, looks concerned by the issue and besides the ratioless thing and now the timeless thing staff seems worried and looking for solutions.
    I thought that new rules in SCT could help, but for me at least, every day is becoming harder and harder to seedback.
    Somebody else thinks the same?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Honestly Nemrod, I personally don't have a problem with that on either tracker. Maybe its because I jump on stuff I want fast (within the first 5-10 people on the torrent). But if you don't get on something before it is well seeded (especially on ScT) you could find yourself not getting back to a 1:1 quite more often then not.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    1 GB seedboxes did some damage

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Uhm well FTN is really hard to seed on..i gotta agree with that...i quit!!
    i be lurking

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    no both are easy to seedback at. For example i got a really high ratio on weeds at ftn... And I dled a random torrent at sct and got a 2.0 So no its really easy to seed at both.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    ScT is easy to seed on with Freeleech on all packs and 75% download on all other torrents.
    Ofcourse you will have problems seeding when you only download old stuff with no leechers, but retards like that don't deserve an account on FTN nor ScT

Also, I'm able to get an 1.0 ratio on popular PC games and popular xvid movies on ScT with 1mbit upstream.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    it is hard to get a 1:1 ratio on sct unless you have a box and hop on the torrent like instantly autodownloader.

but the rules on sct say either a 1 ratio 3 days or whatever, so it's not a big deal, unless you're worried about having a 15 ratio or something.

they didn't built Rome in one day

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    ScT is beyond easy to seed

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    yes, I think it's because most of users set their rss active so if you download the torrent just 1 or 2 hours after being up there, you would probably have difficults in keeping the ratio to 1.0

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Like deadalive said if you aren't quickly on torrents below say 10GB there is a definite moment where you ask yourself should I even bother?

No doubt as 1 GB boxes and mIRC auto downloading become more popular it will only get worse.

It kind of defeats the whole idea of behind file sharing doesn't it?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast