Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's laugh at them Anti Piracy guys one more time.

Poster BT Rep: +1
    You know when OiNK got raided? We music lovers were all in shock. Now, almost 1 year later, we have 2 great music sites that cover our needs.

What.cd gives us more than 200.000 torrents, more than 140.000 albums, more than 60.000 artists, more than 1.000.000(!) seeds and a totally awesome new tracker design.

Waffles.fm gives over 180.000 torrents and more than 600.000 seeds.

Both sites together track almost 2 million(!) seeds. That's 1/3 of the seeds that are tracked by TPB.

Therefore, laugh at these Anti Piracy guys and hail What.cd and Waffles.fm
    Last edited by DuDutchy; 08-27-2008 at 07:25 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Impressive statistics.I would kiss them if they had lips.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Wow you're slow. Not only has this been reiterated countless times, but being evasive and exploiting holes in the laws of countries concerning new technology... instead of fighting the laws hardly makes them worthy of being hailed.

So they're giving me music for free. I'm sure they're getting their just compensation - monetarily or not, there must be something of value that they are receiving in exchange. I'm sure there is an incentive to host their sites, whether they are receiving payment currently or investing in the site for later profits.

So I'm not about to genuflect in solemn reverence. They are just like other online corporations - just with a different (not to mention illegal and soon snuffed out) business model.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I'm pretty sure there are more unique files being shared between What and Waffles than was with Oink.

Oddly, the RIAA has now made their problem worse, and they now have two sites to worry about.
    Last edited by Skizo; 08-27-2008 at 09:00 PM.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I'm pretty sure there more unique files being shared between What and Waffles than was with Oink.

Oddly, the RIAA has now made their problem worse, and they now have two sites to worry about.
    Indeed.

The OiNK takedown also paved with way for Gazelle.

Love it

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    RIAA needs to refrain from warring with everyday citizens. It doesn't work. They'd be much better off to conform to the ole adage "If you can't beat em', join em". That is, change their model. Sell high quality music online and make it better than what or waffles. Like when you buy the music you can go online and watch the bands play live and then chat with them at the end or some other thing.

However, I'm not going to laugh. I take their war very seriously.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I never had the pleasure of using Oink but the RIAA will never be able to shut down every site no matter what they do unless a whole new censored internet is used.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Cheeseman1208's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
    However, I'm not going to laugh. I take their war very seriously.
    As should everyone here. We may have won this battle in the end, but we will see the RIAA coming up with cleverer ways to beat the "evils of piracy".

http://torrentfreak.com/riaas-anti-p...ishlist-08082/

Require internet service providers and other intermediaries to employ readily available measures to inhibit infringement in instances where both legitimate and illegitimate uses were facilitated by their services, including filtering out infringing materials…
    If you can't beat them, well, cut off their internet. Laughable, really, since ISPs would lose half their customers in the first week of this legislation due to piracy, but still scary.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    the Oink dissapiring got pirates more angry and more high then ever with this two trackers !

good job

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    They did win by taking down the major illegal site, the fact that there were quick replacements for such a major site was easily predictable, but doesn't mean anything.the law is the law.
    Last edited by users; 08-27-2008 at 08:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast