Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What.CD or Waffles

PunX's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    what.cd is the best for sure

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    waffles doesn't even come close to comparing to what.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    bassam12's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    what.cd is the best but i dont like it

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    what.cd hands down. from files to peers to asthetic appeal, what.cd wins. when you throw in gazelle, it's not even a competition.
    that being said, waffles is still a great site, but since gazelle was released, what.cd has simply become my defacto music site

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by aaatoel View Post
    I have to disagree with T.S.O.L. right here! I think that waffles in particular has a great collection of metal. And some very rare stuff I 've never seen anywhere else. There are very few things I have searched and not found. Though, I am not into grindcore or death metal as you say and I don't know if there are so many torrents in these two specific categories but in general I think that its collection is great! Added to this, I prefer waffles over what because I have found so many friendly people there and their forums are a nice place to hang around!
    I think you misunderstood me, because I was only talking about their heavy metal collection. I've found pretty much every other metal album I've wanted on what and waffles. I'm not even talking about obscure heavy metal bands that noone ever really listened too. 'Saxon' for example has ONLY flac albums on waffles. 'Angel Witch' has that 1 album which was mentioned in their heavy metal article and that's it (http://www.waffles.fm/article.php?id=34). There are no 'Praying Mantis' albums either..
    I could keep going, but you get the point. They have most of the major discographies (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest..), and they probably have some rare heavy metal albums as well, but it's still missing a lot compared to their other genres.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    aaatoel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Oh, I see now what you are talking about. Yes, that is unfortunate indeed! Although, I really love FLAC so I don't mind about the Saxon thing But I totally understand you. Sure there are staff that are missing and Praying Mantis is an apparent example but I have found there so MANY rare stuff that I heven't found ANYWHERE else that I still love the site.
    Stop chasing, start living!!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    I have both and I prefer what much more...
    I'm here for the chicks...

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    DISABLED PRIVS
    Quote Originally Posted by bassam12 View Post
    that's normal you've been banned balto09 :p
    Last edited by john legend; 09-30-2008 at 08:51 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    what.cd is without a doubt the leading music tracker.

Back when both what and waffles were the most promising oink successors, I thought waffles might have the upper hand because its community looked more promising, professional and most of all: more active. That all changed when gazelle was revealed and since then the tracker hasn't stopped growing yet. Up to 2 million peers with 60k users is amazing, even the pirate bay public tracker had "only" 15 mio recently.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by john legend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bassam12 View Post
    that's normal you've been banned balto09 :p
    Not only what.cd. Check this out:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...e4#post2986116
    A malis vituperari laus est.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast