Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what the meaning of seeding?

hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    never download a codec pack, they are filled with alot of useless stuff. Just get VLC if you just want to be able to play stuff. If you want the best quality player get mpc-hc and install ffdshow-tryouts and enable it in the external filters option

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by shavonn View Post
    i too hav a problem, i downloaad movies from thepiratebay.org and sumtyms the audio doesnt come wid the video! is this becuz i remove the torrent while seeding(after download complete) or is it the file's problem????? and what exactly is seeding, in simple language?
    1. it is possible that you've downloaded a fake torrent or don't have the necessary codecs to play the audio stream. Read the torrent's comments and see what others have said.
    2. don't remove the torrent from your client when the download finishes. How the hell are others supposed to get it otherwise?

Regarding codecs, I'm with hotshot on this one - MPC-HC plus ffdshow-tryouts is the best I've tried. There's also CoreAVC for those who are into HD, it's an extremely fast AVC decoder.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12