Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are people here just to get invite or want to become part of this community ?

dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45

Unsure

78,494 members register here (at the time of post)

The most i see is 100-150 people online

The least people i see online is 2

Some people have been here for 1 years and have 10 post(not exacty numbers,but like that)

Some people have been here for a few month and have 200-500 post(not exacty numbers,but like that)

Some people have been here a long time and havnt done much give away or none

Some people have been here not long and have done lots of give away

What do you all think ?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    There's obviously a lot of people who just come here for invites and trading. Some people enjoy giving invites away to make friends and recruit new users on their behalf. Since it's not limited to just the users of tracker-specific forums, people can meet other people they've never come across in the torrent community. The forums also come with a degree of anonymity, and the atmosphere to talk about the Bittorrent community as a whole, something most tracker forums don't offer.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Most people seem to come here for a specific reason , the invites, whether to trade them openly or via pm, or to shout what a great guy they are and an anti-trader, but most get what they want and sod off......... either way the result is the same, and in some ways those that run around shouting that they are anti-trade or that play the community card, yet still disappear when they get what they want are more shallow than the traders.
    I have been with this forum long enough to see quite a few cycles of this, someone comes to the forum, decides which side of the fence they are going to sit on, busily make 'friends', get what they want and hasta la vista.....
    There are actually very few people who stay here for the 'community' here so most are lying their arses off, about caring for the community.
    In a way though they are truly missing the point, this is actually a great place to talk with others, including staff etc, especially if you aren't a member of their tracker, and only the little idiot collectors have every tracker on the WTAW list anyway.
    This forum is one of the places where alot of different people meet, apart from the bit torrent invites section and also this forum has alot of news about the BT scene and Usenet scene in general.
    Personally no matter how many posts the person has since they can merrily boost them with such enlightening topics as count the dingleberries, I look for someone who has been here better than six months and still posts on this forum.These are the people that care about the community here, and in general are people that share and talk on other forums/trackers.......

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    ^ Nice post, and post count.

they didn't built Rome in one day

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    i came here for help with codecs a few years ago. i didnt even know there was a bittorrent section. after a few months of lurking i finally signed up

the community here is just fine. our members are motivated by different things. my main motivation for hanging around here is the sex that is Stoi!!!! unfotunately, it seems the mods will never let us be together. they have made this abundantly clear

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I mostly come here for the lolz...and sometimes I like to check on BT news. I often think I'd like to find people to give invites too (not through giveaways btw) but I find it too hard to decide who's real and who's full of shit these days. Artemis pretty much summed up the cycle of users here so no use repeating that but as a wise man once said FST is like the wild west and you find all sorts here so it's a good place to mix it up a bit.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    board aids :\
    Last edited by sear; 08-29-2008 at 06:08 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I'm going to go with invite, if I wanted community I'd be in the lounge posting comments which would be ignored by the older members of FST as they only reply to each others comments

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    most of that was true artemis but just because someone doesnt stick around here after they have gotten into the community sites they wanted it doesnt mean they arent community orientated, for some that probably is the case but i dont visit these forums nearly as often as i used to just because its damn near impossible to find someone i can trust from these boards. actually this thread is quite rare since 2 people i trust quite a bit have posted here and its only 1 page deep. but most threads are filled with new people giving each other a big circle jerk.... "he is good user, you can trust him". blah blah blah, same old shit that only detracts from the type of community this could be.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Some are here for invites, some are here to act superior (see: Lounge), some are here to give things away for various reasons, some are here to be trolls. Whatever the case may be, if you have been around for any amount of time, you can see who is who and what their purpose is, whether they be trader or anti-trader, actions speak louder than words. Some traders are ok people, some anti-traders are ok too... decide for yourself, thats what forums are all about.
    Go Leafs Go.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast