Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is best? dedi server or seedbox

hunkyman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hi All, first of all i am new to seedboxes and my question is: should I get a dedi server or a WebUI seedbox?

The WebUI seedbox comes with uTorrent and is ready to go with 100MB un-metered connection.

And if i am correct, on a dedi sever you have to fully setup and configure it, which seems alot of work.

what is the advantage of a dedi server?
    and which should i go for? assuming money was not an issue (but it is )
    please give a reason why.

Thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    gold24's Avatar israel forever BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i got same question i thought about buying a dedicated server on santrex for 89$ ut still not sure for tf

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Evry webUI is also a dedicated server.
    Here is how it works:-
    The official Providers of Web Hosting etc just provide you with the dedicated Boxes. they then install the Operating system of your choice.
    Now if u want to use it as a seedbox you then install utorrent if windows or rtorrent/Torrentflux on the linux/Unix OS.
    What the resellers do is that they buy the server and install the utorrent(WebUI) and then offer it at various packages to End Users like us. But the important point to note here is that if u just get the WebUI then u might be sharing the seedbox with n other ppl and hence the speed you would get it 100mbit/n(if all are active)..
    Since WebUI is shared it is comparitively cheaper than the Dedis ..
    So make a choice depending on whether u have enuff money for a Dedi or sacrifice speed for sharing ..
    Hope this helps

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    gold24's Avatar israel forever BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    u know of any good company for dedicated server for tf?
    i mean one line not shared users on same server
    please let me know

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    bammers's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by gold24 View Post
    i got same question i thought about buying a dedicated server on santrex for 89$ ut still not sure for tf
    What ever you do.... READ the reviews on santrex before you signup to them. From what I've read they are pretty crappy!!!

I've got a seedbox with seedhost.eu - only seed 4 torrents at a time, but in 2 days have uploaded 400gig so far.... they pretty decent!! from what i read they resell OVH.

Just make sure you do your research before you spend your hard earned dimes

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    i got this offer
    AMD Athlon 3800+ 1 GB 160 GB Connection 100 Mbit Unmetered bandwidth freeBSD, Windows or Linux Remote reboot DDoS protection IRC, Torrents, Adult allowed and IP addresses 1 now all this for 119$
    and also when i buy a dedicated server is the speed guaranteed im more interested in the upload then the download speed and does unmetered bandwith mean unlimited download and upload speeds ?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    sorry double post

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by gold24 View Post
    u know of any good company for dedicated server for tf?
    i mean one line not shared users on same server
    please let me know
    You need to tell us the budget and the Hard disk space u r looking at ..
    I am also looking for a good seedbox but not many companies are offering it..
    You can try these ..
    OVH
    vectoral( Quite Expensive)
    Leeware
    LeaseWeb(Limited Bandwidth)
    Hosting IE .

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    i need about 80 giga of space it can be even 50 giga as long as the connection is not shared and the speed is great i dont care much about anything elsethats why i decided to go with dedicated server this time around

u are right from what i see seedhost.eu with there seedBOX have very good package's i will look into it does the memory and cpu power really make a difference ?
    also i already decided to buy a seedbox package on seedhost.eu just was wondering also if it matters which operating system i choose to install on it?
    Last edited by gold24; 08-29-2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    hunkyman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I have a Santrex seedbox (uTorrent WebUI) for $29 a month with un-metered connection. It all seems fine and my radios are getting better.

I was looking at getting a Dedi server yesterday from OVH, but it looked to confusing with all the different OS you can choose from and then there is all the setting up.

Am i making a big deal of nothing?

I just did not want to buy something i could not use or would not get me much more that i already have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast