Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: A Lady by the name of...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    BTW-

You all sound scared shitless....

...almost as if is finally dawning on you that Obama is toast, which he most assuredly is.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You miss my point.

Mrs. Palin has less experience governing than most big city mayors and her state is not beset by the budget woes of most others.
    So she has no real experience with the issues that face the COUNTRY- she'd have a snowball's chance of being elected mayor of L.A., much less a national post.

So let's see...two weeks ago McCain is telling us that Obama has no experience and he picks this rube from Alaska as his running mate?
    Makes one wonder about his choices - God forbid he gets to make them- for Cabinet positions.
    Barney Fife as Secretary of Defense?

We can save ANWR for another time.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    BTW-

You all sound scared shitless....
    ...almost as if is finally dawning on you that Obama is toast, which he most assuredly is.
    Care to place a wager on that?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    惡魔的提倡者
    I'm not scared at all. I know in advance that my candidate will not win.

Assuming either candidate got their fiscal/tax/healthcare plans through congress, financially I would be better off under Obama. I would get a far larger tax cut under Obama and McCains healthcare plan would end up costing me more. However I don't want either of them to win and will vote my principles.

j2k4 as you have repeatedly claimed to be a conservative and not a republican and that you despise McCain, something a lot of conservatives say (then say they will hold their nose).

Will conservatives that vote republican be voting for a VP instead of president and if so why?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    j2 - why do you think she is a splendid pick?
    Last edited by ilw; 08-30-2008 at 12:12 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    You miss my point.

Mrs. Palin has less experience governing than most big city mayors and her state is not beset by the budget woes of most others.
    So she has no real experience with the issues that face the COUNTRY- she'd have a snowball's chance of being elected mayor of L.A., much less a national post.
    You miss my point:

She has more experience than Obama, plus that fact she's second, not first, on the ticket.

She arguably has more actual and practical experience than Hillary.

As to the bet, how's about a fifty?

Quote Originally Posted by ilw View Post
    j2 - why do you think she is a splendid pick?
    Google her bio, Ian.

The voters want an environmentalist?

She's got more of that ability in her pinkie than the opposition with all their advisors.

On top of that, and to be totally cynical, Obama cannot be characterized as anything but a token, whose skin color is capitalized but not commented on.

If you want to call Palin a token, feel free; it won't matter.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I think the obvious reason is that she is a hard c conservative and will attract those hardliners who were disenchanted with McCain.
    She has already gotten a ringing endorsement from the religious right.

I doubt if she can attract many of Hilton's disillusioned supporters though.

About experience she was mayor of a town of 9000 two years ago so you are giving her great credit as a fast learner.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-30-2008 at 12:30 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Google her bio, Ian.

She's got more of that ability in her pinkie than the opposition with all their advisors.

On top of that, and to be totally cynical, Obama cannot be characterized as anything but a token, whose skin color is capitalized but not commented on.

Its quite a pathetic state of affairs on both our parts when anyone but old rich white men are considered 'token'.

That said, are we reading the same bio, posing her as an environmentalist seems bizarre, her wikipedia article indicates she's perfectly happy drilling and stripping the Arctic wildlife refuge and seems generally disliked by environmental groups, plus she doesn't believe in AGW...

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Google her bio, Ian.

Its quite a pathetic state of affairs on both our parts when anyone but old rich white men are considered 'token'.
    I think we've got a wee disconnect here.

That said, are we reading the same bio, posing her as an environmentalist seems bizarre, her wikipedia article indicates she's perfectly happy drilling and stripping the Arctic wildlife refuge and seems generally disliked by environmental groups, plus she doesn't believe in AGW...
    Environmentalists don't like anything, and you know it.

Drilling?

Tell me, Ian-

Why not drill?

"Stripping the Arctic wildlife refuge"?

Tell me precisely what you (or the amorphous 'they') mean by that.

One more thing:

To whatever extent natural resources are harvested in your neck of the woods, please recount each of these and justify them.

Do it now.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    惡魔的提倡者
    I see you are not answering my question.
    You miss my point:

She has more experience than Obama,
    The arguments being made by both sides about experience are basically political spin and bullshit. The double standard applies.

Rove on Cheney
    Well, look, the best candidate training is to, is — you know, this is a guy who won elections in, in a very contested primary in Wyoming, where you have to do a lot of retail campaigning, and got reelected a number of times. He’s — it’s — he’s exercising those political muscles again.
    Rove on Kaine
    With all due respect again to Governor Kaine, he’s been a governor for three years, he’s been able but undistinguished. I don’t think people could really name a big, important thing that he’s done. He was mayor of the 105th largest city in America. And again, with all due respect to Richmond, Virginia, it’s smaller than Chula Vista, California; Aurora, Colorado; Mesa or Gilbert, Arizona; north Las Vegas or Henderson, Nevada. It’s not a big town. So if he were to pick Governor Kaine, it would be an intensely political choice where he said, `You know what? I’m really not, first and foremost, concerned with, is this person capable of being president of the United States?
    rove on Palin
    She’s a populist, she’s an economic and a social conservative, she’s a reformer, she took on the incumbent governor of the state Frank Murkowski — Republican — beat him in the primary, won an upset in the general election. She’s a former mayor. She’s the mayor of, I think, the second largest city in Alaska before she ran for governor.
    The democrats have identical double standards

plus that fact she's second, not first, on the ticket.
    Any use of this thinking must mean that you don't think she's ready now.
    As the position is literally one heartbeat away from being president, the VP has to be ready from the first day. Which ties into my first question.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 08-30-2008 at 03:19 PM.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast