Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: A Lady by the name of...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Sarah Palin, current Governor of Alaska, has been selected by John McCain to run as VP on the Republican ticket.

A splendid pick, I think.

Respond immediately, all of you.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    惡魔的提倡者
    I don't know much about her other than she makes the religious right happy and she has a slim resume. Apparently that Doocy guy on F&F believes she has foreign policy experience because quote: "Alaska is next to Russia"
    She will fit in well with the present administration if this thing with her ex brother in law turns out to be true.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It could not have been funnier if he had picked Michael Palin. It is all tactical to try and get the female votes. After all is said and done, they are gullible.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Does alaska have some hidden agendas?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    It could not have been funnier if he had picked Michael Palin. It is all tactical to try and get the female votes. After all is said and done, they are gullible.
    Clearly but how could they dismiss the fact that if a relatively ancient John McCain succeeds in his election bid his inexperienced running mate is a heatbeat from power.

Even I could write the attack ads in this case.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Clearly but how could they dismiss the fact that if a relatively ancient John McCain succeeds in his election bid his inexperienced running mate is a heatbeat from power.

Even I could write the attack ads in this case.
    It doesn't really matter. The leaders are only a front. Kev runs the Republican Party.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    So a soccer mom is going to be a heartbeat from the Presidency, heh?

Let's see...governor of the 47th most populated state (fewer citizens than Denver)- Alaska- which brings in so much oil/gas revenue that it has no state income nor sales tax.
    So her experience is what, exactly?

It would appear that her choice is nothing more than a shameless attempt to cash in on disgruntled Hillary supporters, although, short of packing vadge, the two women have nothing in common.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    i know nothing about her apart from that she's a governor in alaska, has a bunch of kids, and that apparently she used to take part in beauty pagents.

My initial judgement is that i agree with clocker, however, hopefully her performance over the coming weeks will show that this isn't exploitation of the feminist movement and that she just might be the best VP available to the Republicans

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    惡魔的提倡者
    AT least she knows what her role will be

[youtube]b4gkPXSDtGQ[/youtube]

Perhaps one of the conservative men explained it to her

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    So a soccer mom is going to be a heartbeat from the Presidency, heh?

Let's see...governor of the 47th most populated state (fewer citizens than Denver)- Alaska- which brings in so much oil/gas revenue that it has no state income nor sales tax.
    So her experience is what, exactly?

It would appear that her choice is nothing more than a shameless attempt to cash in on disgruntled Hillary supporters, although, short of packing vadge, the two women have nothing in common.
    A blessing, that last.

A shame, though, that 16+ years of Hillary fills your political screen to the point you literally can't see past her.

Alaska wants and deserves prosperity as much as any other state, and those who think otherwise are quite literally over-stepping.

I think Alaska's resources are best husbanded by her citizens.

Hopefully we'll be drilling in ANWR by this time next year.

BTW - I live in Michigan, and our most abundant resource (which we share with many adjoining states) is water.

Imagine how we feel when we hear that Nebraska, or Kansas, or Oklahoma, or California, ffs, needs it more than we do.

Leave the oil and natural gas in the ground?

Use a few thousand acres out of out of 19+ million?

How dare anyone presume to make that decision over the preferences of the Alaskans themselves.

BTW-

Anyone who cares to make an argument in favor of the Dems, please note that Ms. Pelosi favors shifting our dependence from fossil fuels to..........................(I still can't believe she said this)......................natural gas!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast