Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gbit torrentflux

BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Thinking of getting a server with gbit connection.
    just wonderd what your thoughts were on it.
    The prices would be set like this.

4gig of space 4 torrents $10 pm

8gig of space 5 torrents $13 pm

15gig of space 7 torrents $18 pm

20gig of space 9 torrents $24 pm

30gig of space 11 torrents $28 pm

40gig of space 15 torrents $35 pm

50gig of space 20 torrents $42 pm

Would like to no what you think and my current subscribers also if they would like to move and there thoughts

Slayer:-)

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    would be good but if you do this i would HIGHLY recommend using utorrent and running multiple webui vs torrentflux as the resources TF would use would prob not be able to fully use full speed. Also i would prefer more disk space and less active torrents on lower plans, active torrents use server load.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by haydeno View Post
    would be good but if you do this i would HIGHLY recommend using utorrent and running multiple webui vs torrentflux as the resources TF would use would prob not be able to fully use full speed. Also i would prefer more disk space and less active torrents on lower plans, active torrents use server load.
    To be honest ive ran multiple utorrent web uis b4 and they tend to mess up quite a lot.Plus with 8gig of ram and a quad core cpu running torrentflux with say 20 users max performance would not be a issue.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I've never had any problems with the utorrent webui services I've tried...in fact I wont' touch TF ever again. Every single TF service I tried had problems. Utorrent will always run better as it doesn't require the same resources so if you say you won't have any issues running TF on 8gigs then you certainly won't have any issues running utorrent.

And if you get 20 people on an 8gig ram server then that is about 400megs per person....I was on one that offered 150megs per person and it was utter shite so I doubt that 400megs is going to be that much better.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Last edited by joey; 08-30-2008 at 06:26 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    20 ppl ? It;s joke ? sorry but CPU and RAM is not everything .. the most important is HDD ! with > 10 ppl it will be rubbish

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    with 20 ppl you need prob at least a 3 disk raid pref 5 or you will likely have disk i\o errors

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    I'd run webuis instead of torrentflux. Just from experience, it's easier on the system. And there are other webuis besides uTorrent.

And if you want to load 20 people on one server then I'd definitely go for webuis, as torrentflux will definitely wear on the system.

they didn't built Rome in one day

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    how will you possibly have errors on the hd with the amount of people.
    i have 10 people on a 250gig hd and theres never been errors.so were you get its rubbish from dance4 i do not no.
    you gota remember your paying 10bux.you want 10mb up and down constant.tflux is a cheap alternitive to ratio boost for people who cant afford dedicated servers.
    I thought the prices were good for more speed and more active torrents.guess i was wrong :-)
    Last edited by slayer2005; 08-30-2008 at 07:19 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    U cant accomodate 20 ppl no matter wat the CPU and RAM specs are unless u got a very Robust HDD with u

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast