Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer Reckoning!! :)

bammers's Avatar Poster
    Whose going to be playing this awesome game???? Open beta starts on the 7th, Game goes live on the 18th of September!

Which servers you guys gunna be playing on ? which race and class you going to be ?

I'll be on the Aussie server, playing a dwarf ironbreaker bring it on I say!

2. Games   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Not my type of game at all. Add the fact that it will be $14.99/month and I'm right put off.

yo

3. Games   -   #3
    i'm more excited for warhammer dawn of war 2

4. Games   -   #4
    Boutros's Avatar Poser BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I played the closed beta and I was not really that into it. I remember when I first played WoW I was like OMG but when I tried this it was just like meh, much of the same old.

It doesn't really take the MMO genre to the next generation. I'm just going to wait and see whether it gets critically acclaimed like WoW.

For now the only thing that might inch me to get the game is whether their servers are truly located in Oceania...and not just 'labelled' as Oceania like some other games (*cough* WoW).
    Last edited by Boutros; 08-31-2008 at 02:05 PM.

5. Games   -   #5
    WAR is gonna be great. Strips away much of the stupid stuff from other MMORPGs and adds in their own great innovations. Open parties, public quests, and all the realm vs. realm (RvR) stuff is terrific. The whole quest mechanism makes the transition from PvE to PvP seamless. Takes away all of the grinding for XP, grinding for gear, and also not making PvP all about gear. No little boys ganking and griefing because once you graduate from a tier (there are four tiers), you get turned into a chicken with low health/damage if you go back to a lower tier. And on and on, I don't even remember it all. I'll be on one of the US servers with a shaman as my primary and Sept. 7 can't come soon enough, I'm suffering from serious WAR withdrawal!

6. Games   -   #6
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    I shall be giving it a go, LOTRO has begun to bore me so I'm looking for a new timesink.

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord View Post
    WAR is gonna be great. Strips away much of the stupid stuff from other MMORPGs and adds in their own great innovations. Open parties, public quests, and all the realm vs. realm (RvR) stuff is terrific. The whole quest mechanism makes the transition from PvE to PvP seamless. Takes away all of the grinding for XP, grinding for gear, and also not making PvP all about gear. No little boys ganking and griefing because once you graduate from a tier (there are four tiers), you get turned into a chicken with low health/damage if you go back to a lower tier. And on and on, I don't even remember it all. I'll be on one of the US servers with a shaman as my primary and Sept. 7 can't come soon enough, I'm suffering from serious WAR withdrawal!
    Perhaps you're right in that respect, but I still can't see it being the WoW killer.

8. Games   -   #8
    I don't think it needs to be a WoW killer to be successful, and all I care about is if it's successful and can hold on to its subscriptions. The design is great, as long as people realize that it's all about RvR, and that the PvE aspect, while nice, is not the part that really sucks you in, I think it'll be able to build momentum. The only thing that worries me is that EA moved the launch date up a whole month so I'm hoping it will have a relatively trouble-free launch. If it's awfully buggy at launch, that'll be a huge setback for the game, and they'll have many long days ahead of them (and a whole lot of pressure) to make sure their subscription base doesn't go into freefall after that first month.

9. Games   -   #9
    True...one thing I don't get is what exactly is meant by RvR, is it just for example 40 people from one realm vs'ing 40 people from another realm in some game mode? Can the order and destruction from one realm team up against another realm?

10. Games   -   #10
    Sorry for the late reply in this thread but been a little busy. I was gonna try to explain RvR but I think someone else could explain it better so I did a little digging around on a good explanation for RvR. The FAQ on the official WAR site is the best I could find:

Realm vs. Realm, or RvR, is a term trademarked by Mythic during the development of Dark Age of Camelot. RvR is team-based Player vs. Player (PvP) game-play where each realm works together toward a common goal. Players choose a side by selecting a race and, in the case of Warhammer Online, they battle it out in areas and work toward goals provided by the game, including Scenarios, Keep Siege, and City Siege. It means that a player never has to fight alone because there is always an army of allies that has his back. Players can choose to level up in RvR areas, or stay in safer, Player vs. Environment (PvE) areas until they are ready to jump into the real battles of WAR.
    So there are designated areas in each map where you will flag for PvP. In those areas you will have objectives to take and hold. There are also instanced Scenarios, which have a variety of gameplay modes. Whether it's also taking and holding objectives or trying to deliver bombs or capture the flag or whatnot. What's also really cool is that if you're at a low level for your tier, the game will bump you up to a certain level for the PvP areas. I think that level is constant, but I'm not sure, but it could be the mean or median of the players in the area. So you're not just automatically outgunned until you reach a certain level, so that those who want to do a lot of PvP in each tier won't have to wait until their near the max for that tier to be competitive and then only be able to experience it just a little before they're kicked up to the next tier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast