Thread: Yamaha HTR-6130B

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...0099880&catid=

Anyone know if this yamaha HTR-6130B will upconvert composite and passthrough component (or is it upconverting also?) through the HDMI output?

I want to be able to choose all my inputs with the receiver and just leave my tv input set to hdmi...

Or is that not to be expected until you get into the higher price receivers?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Im pretty sure component/composite will only go up to 720 (I may be wrong but Im 85% sure) I think you need HDMi to get full 1080i,p

Otherwise the unit will upconvert whatever is playing on it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Im pretty sure component/composite will only go up to 720 (I may be wrong but Im 85% sure) I think you need HDMi to get full 1080i,p

Otherwise the unit will upconvert whatever is playing on it
    But my question is will it output whatever i'm inputting from out the hdmi, or will it only pass it through to the same type of output/input?

AKA composite only outputted on composite, component only outputted on component, or will both of those also output on hdmi?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Oh wow how did I miss that, sorry. I'm sure it will you will prob have to set the output on the unit itself. I had to hook up my player using the coax first to set the output to HDMI what a pain that was.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Oh wow how did I miss that, sorry. I'm sure it will you will prob have to set the output on the unit itself. I had to hook up my player using the coax first to set the output to HDMI what a pain that was.
    What player do you have?
    Just so I can get an idea of how high-end I need to be to get that option.
    I don't want to spend over $300.
    I'm actually thinking now that it doesn't matter either way, either i can switch it with the player or i can switch ti with my tv, not a big deal.

I'm also thinking of the pioneer VSX-818V-K, similar prices.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Oh no man $300 I meant my $69 Phillips DVP 5982 DVD player the thing worked great. It has since been retired and replaced by the HTPC.

Why not make yourself one?? Replaces all components except the cable box and it can be waaaaay cheaper

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Oh no man $300 I meant my $69 Phillips DVP 5982 DVD player the thing worked great. It has since been retired and replaced by the HTPC.

Why not make yourself one?? Replaces all components except the cable box and it can be waaaaay cheaper
    That's all well and good but still need something to power my speakers, don't I?
    Anyway the plan already is to hook up my PC, I don't have a dvd player unless you count the pc or my xbox 360, which i'll also be hooking up.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    You could then just invest the $300 in a pair of kick ass PC speakers and a smoking sound card. Seriously why have another component? The Bose systems max out at around $340 and their plenty loud and clear. If you want to get nuts get the full 5.1's and piss the landlord off for sure

This set seems to have the best rating on Newegg

Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Speaker

and they're on sale until 9/3 for $233 shit I might get those now
    Last edited by Detale; 09-02-2008 at 04:54 AM.