Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graphics card(s) for media/work pc

ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    I thought Plasma TV's had a problem when hooked up to a PC or game system. No??
    Had my htpc hooked to a plasma for about 3 months before I got the new lcd
    worked fine

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for all the posts guys.

Lynx - the "main" graphics card will run a tv (DVI output) and a tv (svideo output) and the "second" graphics card will run my pc monitor. So the third monitor will come from the main graphics card.

I have previously had my plasma running off my current graphics card, so im not too concerned there - it can be a bit faffy to get the right resolution and refresh rate, but it was relatively painless.

In the end, I've decided to go for the P5b motherboard, with the pci graphics card. I've read a few bad things about the p5n, and i don't think, from what you've said, that id be much (if any) better off with the pcie card. as you point out, the fx5200 will do me fine - it is significantly better than the rubbish card I'm running now, which works fine for my needs.

I've been reading up on PSUs too, and am going to look to invest in a good one in a couple of months, when i finish the pc off (new hard disks - 2x1TB and new TV tuners).

Thanks a lot

V
    <insert signature here>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12