Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Usenet vs. Rapidshare

Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    rapidshare of course

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Rapidshare removes its files within hours of upload when reported. Usenet this rarely happens and by the time it did the file would have spread within seconds across its global multiple servers. Take out one server it is still be on another server. RS does not offer this.

However I do use RS for the odd file. RS is also much more user friendly to noobs. Point click download. Usenet takes a little longer to learn but is far easier to download from once you have your server set up in your newsreader. As said before usenet is also searchable. Usenet also rarely has password protected rar archives unlike RS.. End of day you pays your money you take your choice. But for me I am in the usenet camp (now that sounds gay)
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Usenet of course!

1. You don't need to reconnect.
    2. RS is too slow (250 kb/s sucks!).

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gartenriese View Post
    RS is too slow (250 kb/s sucks!).
    Usenet has like 0 Byte/s if I don't pay.

There are some good places for RS, like serienjunkies.org for german tv series. Also I can download for free.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    I prefer usenet without doubt, higher speeds and more files than Rapidshare.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I use torrents, rapidshare premium, usenet, and irc for download sources.. The best without a doubt is usenet. Rapidshare is cheaper, but its more difficult to find what you what. Sure its rare stuff available, but you have to scour through forums trying to find what you are looking for. Usenet you type in the search just like using google and you have your answer!.
    People that say you need a 0day tracker for things haven't used usenet to its fullest potential. TV shows appear just as fast as most sites (not all granted).. but you can download it at MAX speeds so you probably get it just as fast. DVDs take a bit longer to appear.. but there is NO seeding back.. no ratio to worry about.. no banning or hit and run.

The only reason i have a rapid share account is so I can upload my files and share them with everyone.. its difficult to do that with usenet because not everyone has it.. but anyone can use rapidshare.
    There also is a limit on the rapidshare.. 10 GB a day... i can do whatever my internet connection can manage with Usenet.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Trance Lover
    i got collector's account on rapidshare to upload files and share them with everyone and every 10000 points i can create a 1 month premium account and $0.00 to pay for downloads

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    rapidshare ftw

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    n00b BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Rapidshare for me

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i dont have usenet so i pick rapidshare

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast