Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Usenet vs. Rapidshare

DylanDog's Avatar I am your God
    every tracker above level 6 has good DL speeds, now we dont talk about 9 or 10 [theya re always max] - [the minus is you must seed - but you also have free leech and if you use a seedbox you're preatty done with DL/Up thingy]

usenet always offers max DL speed [well giganews does] - [yea you must pay but its totaly worth the money, also if you know ppl you can get USeNet accounts for free, I have bunch of them]

FTPs: [this is total plus in every possible way] - you must find good places, and from time to time you also must share

if we talk about pubs, that depends on the server but most of them are fast, also depends on the scanning abilities of the user

str0s are never beneath 5Mb they go to Gb, most common used ones for file sharing are 50/100Mb

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    RS is a provider, and is not associated with other upload sites such as MegaUpload. If you don't have the right provider, you loose out. Because it is a centralized provider, it is easily shut down (attempts have been made, and I see it happening in the near future), seeing has it's main purpose (and only?) purpose is the distribution of copyrighted and questionable material. In an attempt to meet with laws, rapidshare files are rapidly removed. RS is also not searchable. You are reliant upon 3rd party links found in forums or other sources.

Usenet is a network, with many providers similar in nature to the Internet. Even "IF" one provider is shut down it is not the death of the network. If something is posted, no matter the provider, everyone connected to Usenet can get it. Although NZB sites are popular, Usenet has existed for decades without indexing sites. It is completely possible to find content without 3rd party support.

At best,
    a few hundred gigs (to the best of my knowledge actual statistics are not made public) a day gets uploaded to RS. Because the nature of RS makes it unfriendly to large uploads things like DVD rips are harder to come by.

At least,
    3TBs a day gets uploaded to Usenet. Content is limitless.

If you do not have a premium RS account, the drawbacks are too numerous to count. If you are paying for a RS account a Usenet account is only a little more and well worth it.

RS is like a very bad web based knock off of what Usenet has nearly perfected.
    Last edited by Broken; 09-02-2008 at 01:20 AM.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    bammers's Avatar Poster
    Usenet for the win~

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    That was a very good explanation Broken, and exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. Looks like Usenet is what I'll stick with.

It is a turn off to click on file link that you want, and it then takes you to the RS site, and then you have to start your download. Or does that not happen with premium accounts?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    If you're loged then the file asks for your download permission as soon as you click it

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    With Rapidshare premium, you can login and choose your default download servers.
    Then you just click on the link and it asks you where to save it like any other file you get on any web site. Plus it works awesome with download managers.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    i use RS for harder to find stuff. and usenet for all the NEW releases. then i upload my usenet downloads to my RS account and share the links... i have never had to pay for another RS account and i have over 20,000 RS points and 3000+ files stored as of now.

use both. i do.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by sickest View Post
    i use RS for harder to find stuff. and usenet for all the NEW releases
    Same.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    i think you have to find a good rapidshare forum for the downlod links, that way your life becomes very easy,

if anyone has any forums they knwo of which have rapidshare links etc pls let me know

thanks

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Harder to find the stuff, lol you can find everything on usenet

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast