Thread: Nvidia: Mx/mx 400

i got my comp in 2002 and it came with the aforementioned card. At first it was running fine, but recently it has been giving my problems. I installed Homeworld:Cataclysm (retail version) and then un-installed it after beating it. BEfore i could install it i d/led sum a driver for the game. However, when i updated my driver recently and then tried to re-install the game it would not run under openGL, the mode i originally played it under, it also didnt run in the regular software mode or the D3D mode. I tried to install the latest driver for the card (NVidia: Detonator Driver v45.23 WinXP: 2000) and the game still didnt run.

Should i try to re-install all of the drivers starting from the first one and then continuing until the most recent? This problem doesnt make sense because if i could get the game working on my old driver, why doesnt it work now? Is there anything i could have changed by accident or is there sumthing i have to enable?
    -TiMz

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Check out this site: http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/

They have all kinds of guides on how to resolve those kind of issues. They even have a forum.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    btw, i forgot to mention, its a geforce 2 card

Somebody1234, i cant seem to get into the site , is that a dead link?
    -TiMz

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    The link should be good. It works for me.

The latest detonators and that site still applies for the GeForce 2. And that's what I thought right away because the mx400 is a GeForce 2.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    hmm, i still cant use the link, i cant get in by manually typing it either
    -TiMz

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I don't know why you cannot use the link. Try this one. Directly to the 'home' of that site. http://www.guru3d.com/

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i have 1 of them cards too and i love it, never had a single problem and ive slighty over clocked it too, was soo easy, i didnt even touch the actual card u can overclock it with the detarnator driver.
    i know the last bit of infop didnt address your problem but if ur cards on its way out u might aswell try n get abit more out of it

yes get the new detnator drivers