Thread: Total noob to the Usenet thing

Morlock
    Actually, not even a noob yet. For a long time the only thing I was willing to pay for was ISP and hardware. But the gaps in P2P have driven me to research Usenet.

I'm mostly interested in getting images and vids of lesser TV starlets, playboy models, etc. Seems like that's the only thing I want from P2P that I'm not getting, except for uncompressed DVD rips (I wouldn't mind canceling my snail mail DVD rental subscriptions).

So my needs are kinda specific. I want to be able to find lots of hq pictures and maybe some videos of minor TV starlets (say, Claire Coffee or Hunter Tylo or Rebecca Herbst), and lots of hq vids (and hq pics if they're out there) of nude chicks like Playboy models.

I also wouldn't mind being able to get my hands on episodes of day TV that aren't going to be released on DVD before the next millennium, but only if I can get decent runs (and close to ripped quality) - no point to getting an episode here, an episode there like on P2P.

Is Usenet what I'm looking for? Which of these requirements can Usenet fill, and which ones can it not?

I know I can find a free trial somewhere but I'd like to know if I should even bother.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Morlock View Post
    Actually, not even a noob yet. For a long time the only thing I was willing to pay for was ISP and hardware. But the gaps in P2P have driven me to research Usenet.

I'm mostly interested in getting images and vids of lesser TV starlets, playboy models, etc. Seems like that's the only thing I want from P2P that I'm not getting, except for uncompressed DVD rips (I wouldn't mind canceling my snail mail DVD rental subscriptions).

So my needs are kinda specific. I want to be able to find lots of hq pictures and maybe some videos of minor TV starlets (say, Claire Coffee or Hunter Tylo or Rebecca Herbst), and lots of hq vids (and hq pics if they're out there) of nude chicks like Playboy models.

I also wouldn't mind being able to get my hands on episodes of day TV that aren't going to be released on DVD before the next millennium, but only if I can get decent runs (and close to ripped quality) - no point to getting an episode here, an episode there like on P2P.

Is Usenet what I'm looking for? Which of these requirements can Usenet fill, and which ones can it not?

I know I can find a free trial somewhere but I'd like to know if I should even bother.
    Search is an easy way to find out what you can get:
    http://newzleech.com/

You might also want to download headers (in Grabit or whatever client) to see everything and not just what the search engines give you.

I'm only using this one for TV stuff as they have the shows I want:
    http://www.tvnzb.com/
    It takes a few more hours for the 720P versions to show up after the usual rips but it depends on what you want. You max out you internet connection from the first byte anyway

This one also has a nice selection of stuff:
    http://nzbmatrix.com/

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    fastplumb's Avatar D'rip
    Quote Originally Posted by Morlock View Post

Im sure the Usenet can fill your requirements. there are about 12 groups dedicated to playboy.

when it come to downloading pictures you'd be better of using Grabit and getting all the headers, like what "MultiForce" said!
    there are just far to many pictures on Usenet for any newsgroup fileshare like website to cover, Alt.b.multimedia.erotic.playboy has over 100,000 posts alone.

www.giganews.com has a 3 day free trial.

If on the other hand your just going to be a light user, mainly for pictures then www.easynews.com would be a bitter option it has its own web browser. so you can have a look at all the pictures on offer on all the groups before downloading any, I used to use this a lot. It saved me a lot of time and I only got the pictures I wanted.
    Last edited by fastplumb; 09-03-2008 at 12:21 AM.
    Powerd by FireFox

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I recommend GigaNews, it very good, i have been with for years.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Check out this thread here:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-new...vider-303294/?

I personally recommend Astraweb over Giganews for value, but the Easynews web browser suggestion posted above is a good one if you're more interested in pictures.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    try nbz matrix its ok

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    DylanDog's Avatar I am your God
    I would say merlins-portal, extremely good and newzleech

One tip, when you search for files dont use full names but the real rar names, as for example a reloaded release you have Spore-RELOADED, the best search term would be rld-spor.r00

Peace

DD