Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Half-life 2

Poster
    who cares, who the hell owns a ati card these days anyways, radeons are as gay as pentium and microshitcunts.

get a god damn nvidia card ffs! ati SUX! and radeon is voer rated! FKNFKNFKN!....

yeah and i agree, doom III owned hl2. i think the alpha doom III is gonna be better then the fional hl2 release.

2. Games   -   #52
    Originally posted by huuramis@7 September 2003 - 00:37
    get a god damn nvidia card ffs! ati SUX! and radeon is voer rated! FKNFKNFKN!....
    did somebody forget to take his ritalin today?

3. Games   -   #53
    I'd be leaning more towards insanity pills. ATI has been giving nvidia a run for their money lately, and in my opinion has the ability to lead the benchmarks very easily over the next year.

4. Games   -   #54
    Poster
    Originally posted by huuramis@7 September 2003 - 01:37
    who cares, who the hell owns a ati card these days anyways, radeons are as gay as pentium and microshitcunts.

yeah and i agree, doom III owned hl2. i think the alpha doom III is gonna be better then the fional hl2 release.
    dont be a jackass fan-boy u give us respectible nVidia owners a bad name. spread ur idioticness somewhere else moron.i think both cards have there good qualities each has better FPS in diffrent games. sometimes it even varies on the game engine aswell.

5. Games   -   #55
    I can see why the game is Nvidia exclusive, JUST look @ the benchmarks

Link

Here some better info from ExtremeTech

And some info from Anand

- Valve is pissed at all of the benchmarking "optimizations" they've seen in the hardware community;
    - Half-Life 2 has a special NV3x codepath that was necessary to make NVIDIA's architecture perform reasonably under the game;
    - Valve recommends running geforce fx 5200 and 5600 cards in dx8 mode in order to get playable frame rates.
    - even with the special NV3x codepath, ATI is the clear performance leader under Half-Life 2 with the Radeon 9800 Pro hitting around 60 fps at 10x7. The 5900 ultra is noticeably slower with the special codepath and is horrendously slower under the default dx9 codepath;
    - the Radeon 9600 Pro performs very well - it is a good competitor of the 5900 ultra;
    - ATI didn't need these special optimizations to perform well and Valve insists that they have not optimized the game specifically for any vendor.

Yes, now everyone go out and trade your ATi card for Nvidia

6. Games   -   #56
    Poster
    Radeon 9800 is going to rule for half-life 2. bawa@Klite_user, stop posting fake info, you need to do something called RESEARCH(your info is off some two bit site). Also, learn to speak English!

7. Games   -   #57
    Hehe, i was just about to post those benchmarks top gun That must be crushing for nvidia to see...

8. Games   -   #58
    Poster
    Gabe really told off Nividia when he did the presentation he was pissed at nividia for screwing around and messing up the drivers i guess i'll be selling my FX card and going for a ATI card.

9. Games   -   #59
    OMFG,Upon reading this thread,I was compelled to register for the sole purpose of saying the following:Bawa what is wrong with you?Some sort of mental illness for sure.I was dumbfounded reading this thread.This is by far and away, and without a shadow of a doubt the stupidest thread bar none.Cheer`s Bawa and huuramis.
    I have known for months that ATI r3x0 GPU`s will smack HL2 in the ear as would anyone that did 1mins research on it.
    tHe LiNk,Pitbul you can stop bashing your heads against the wall

10. Games   -   #60
    he aint to happy with Nvidia. Those benchmarks are terrible for them.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast