Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: i have a low upload rate around 1k

HighestBiddeR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Hi , i have a low upload rate around 1k how do i improve it ? and with that upload rate do i stand a chance for invite?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Do you have your client as well as your network set up for bittorrent? By this I mean make sure you have enough upload slots and no upload limit on your client, and then make sure your ports are opened up that the transfer will be occurring on. If you only get 1k upload but have decent download I would suggest getting a seedbox so that you will be able to maintain a ratio, because with out it, it will definitely be very hard, gl man.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    Give us some info.

What site are you getting this upload speed to? How many leechers are on the torrent? What's your actual net speed? Who is your ISP?

There are a world of factors that contribute to your speed. What do you mean, "stand chance for invite?". Invite to what?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    kaiser's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I have a 768 kbits upload speed atm and I can only say that upload speed really isn't the main factor when it comes to getting an invite from someone

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    you can always change ISP

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    you can always change ISP
    In my case, I can't. At least while I live in that area. But I'm moving in a month or so. Then I'll be able to choose

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    if i had 700kB/s upload i would be really happy but i can manage with ~300kB/s

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    if i had 700kB/s upload i would be really happy but i can manage with ~300kB/s

My upload speed is 768 kb/s (kbps). That's around 94 kB/s.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Green Goblin's Avatar who gives a f*** BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by HighestBiddeR View Post
    Hi , i have a low upload rate around 1k how do i improve it ? and with that upload rate do i stand a chance for invite?

what squizzle said and also what client are you using.
    if you want drop me a pm and i will pass on my msn to you, i will be more than happy to help you out.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    bammers's Avatar Poster
    Damn, 1kb... thats like stoneage speed... are you on dialup? or adsl/cable??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast