Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed test and up/dl ratio that is convincing

integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    You don't need any monster ratios to convince anyone doing a giveaway that you're a good user; actually, that might turn people off.

In my opinion, concerning ratio, I'll invite anyone over a 1.50 global ratio that has a decent amount downloaded/uploaded. However, I think you have the wrong mindset: Instead of convincing people you're a serious seeder, convince them you're a trustworthy torrentuser.

Try using the same account name on every tracker; it might sound stupid, but it creates an identity for yourself, and personally a person with tons of different variations of account names makes me slightly suspicious; maybe they don't want to be identified everywhere, or got the account from someone else in the first place.

I personally dislike ratio proof screenshots and speedtests as well; ratio proofs can easily be reused by multiple people, and speedtests aren't necessarily an indicator of a person's ability to maintain a good ratio. Try requesting to the OP of a giveaway thread that you want to give him your profile links in private; don't PM them without permission.

Just a few tips to get you started. And another last tip: Choose your path wisely. Becoming a trader will make things harder for you, and make your path through the torrenting world a dark, bumpy, dangerous one, requiring you to hide in the shadows forever. Be smart.

they didn't built Rome in one day

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    There are no fixed rules for that, every user has his own parameters, listen what "integral" posted, a lot of excellent considerations there.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    curtanwoo's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    Try using the same account name on every tracker; it might sound stupid, but it creates an identity for yourself, and personally a person with tons of different variations of account names makes me slightly suspicious; maybe they don't want to be identified everywhere, or got the account from someone else in the first place.
    I'd recommend against using the same username on this forum as you use on some trackers, especially the ones that has rules against trading and/or giving away invites to people you know from places like this.

Personally, up until recently I've used different usernames on all my trackers due to my overly cautious (some would say a bit paranoid) nature. I didn't don't do this because I have something to hide in relation to the staff of the trackers, or other serious users of them, but rather because I don't like the idea of just anyone being able to easily identify which trackers I use, what I currently download and seed, my ratio etc. I realize this is in some way a false security, because it's basically security through obscurity, but even so I'd rather have it than not. Yes, I have real life reasons to have developed my distrust of people, however, when it comes to these things caution is a good thing. Even more so if you're in the US; law enforcement, MPAA, Patriot Act and what have you.

I realize this thread is about getting invites to trackers and I might have strayed a bit off topic. I just wanted to point out that it might not always be a good idea to be easily identified by other torrent users.

/curtanwoo

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by curtanwoo View Post

I'd recommend against using the same username on this forum as you use on some trackers, especially the ones that has rules against trading and/or giving away invites to people you know from places like this.
    Some sites might ban you just for having an account here irrelevant if you do trading or giveaways.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post

Some sites might ban you just for having an account here irrelevant if you do trading or giveaways.
    Not any sites that I know of. Well, there is one site, but they said that they won't just ban you for being a member, you'd have to actually do something bad

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat Stevens View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Yeah make sure you photoshop those screens really well and you'll be fine.
    You're a fucking dick.
    And you don't know what a joke is.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4

I also use different name on different trackers. And this started when my OinK account got hacked about a year and a half ago(I've talked to a few others that were also hacked there, guess it was an uncommon thing at that tracker). Somehow this person got my passkey and raped my account. Then cock even emailed me and said that he found me on Bitmetv(since I used the same username) and tried to get my passkey there, but was unsuccessful.

So ever since then I have used different nicks. I would suggest a new user to do the same just because I would hate to see the same happen to anyone else.. And if someone declines a person an invite just because he doesn't use the same nick on every site, than fuck em'.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

I also use different name on different trackers. And this started when my OinK account got hacked about a year and a half ago(I've talked to a few others that were also hacked there, guess it was an uncommon thing at that tracker). Somehow this person got my passkey and raped my account. Then cock even emailed me and said that he found me on Bitmetv(since I used the same username) and tried to get my passkey there, but was unsuccessful.

So ever since then I have used different nicks. I would suggest a new user to do the same just because I would hate to see the same happen to anyone else.. And if someone declines a person an invite just because he doesn't use the same nick on every site, than fuck em'.
    You must use different passwords not different nicks.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    You don't _have_ to use different nicks. Using different passwords/emails is also smart, especially if you want to take a chance registering on a new site that doesn't have any history. I don't recommend using the same passwords for every single account you have on the Internet, either; it could be a stupid mistake in the long run.

they didn't built Rome in one day

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast